Search

Jaipur or Bangalore July 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 7:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA OWE
Question Jaipur or Bangalore July 2016

I am familiar with Delhi but have the chance to hold meetings in either Bangalore or Jaipur this coming July. I read that it is monsoon season and wonder if those familiar have advice on which city would be best weather wise? My visit would be during first and second week of July. From a tourism perspective both cities appear very different, strong recommendations on one over the other in July? Any particular web resources for tourism you have found most helpful? Many thanks! D
Old May 6, 2016, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
july is jaipur would be extremely hot....i would avoid it for that reason alone....
Old May 7, 2016, 12:53 am

Programs: AA, UA
Bangalore by itself doesn't have much to see. Do you have time to make trips out of BLR?
Old May 7, 2016, 1:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
july is jaipur would be extremely hot....i would avoid it for that reason alone....
Thanks, would BLR be that much better in July?
Old May 7, 2016, 1:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daKav
Bangalore by itself doesn't have much to see. Do you have time to make trips out of BLR?
That was a concern of mine. While I would be working there are days when I could certainly travel from Bangalore within a couple hour radius by car.
Old May 7, 2016, 1:45 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I should add, heat for me is preferable to all/most of day rain. Other major cities I might consider for a week (those two were suggested because of work and would like to go beyond Delhi)?
Old May 7, 2016, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Development
Thanks, would BLR be that much better in July?
it would be better heat wise but not by much....
Old May 7, 2016, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should add, heat for me is preferable to all/most of day rain. Other major cities I might consider for a week (those two were suggested because of work and would like to go beyond Delhi)?
if you only have a choice between these two then i would pick jaipur, only because i feel there is a lot more to do for a tourist....
Old May 7, 2016, 3:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

if you only have a choice between these two then i would pick jaipur, only because i feel there is a lot more to do for a tourist....

Thanks for your input. I do have some flexibility, I didn't realize the extent of Marriott facilities in India and could spend the week in city with a Marriott property if that opens better options up?
Old May 10, 2016, 8:34 pm

Jaipur is excellent an option if you can manage the brutal summer in India this year.

If you decide to go to Bangalore, rent a cab (with a driver) from a reputable agency. Dont drive. You could try visiting Coorg, Sakleshpur, Chickmagalur, Ooty. These places are on the western ghats and monsoon would be setting in around July. Its beautiful.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:36 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks, really appreciate both your input. Because of work I have to use a Marriott. The JW Marriott in BLR looks much nicer than the standard Marriott in Jaipur.

I would be spending lots of time during the day in the hotel (unfortunately). If anyone has experiences at these properties, is the Jaipur Marriott decent in terms of rooms, executive lounge, meeting spaces or does it pale in comparison to the JW in BLR? Again, many thanks! D
Old May 12, 2016, 10:24 am

I just checked Marriott's BLR location. Thats dope. Go to UB city next door and check out their roof top bar Skyee.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: i like to share my views of india
You cant hope to go these two places in the month of July because these places are extremely hot in month of July. You cant bear the hot weather. so think about something else. You can go for Shimla or Jammu and Kashmir.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by parmeetsethi
You cant hope to go these two places in the month of July because these places are extremely hot in month of July. You cant bear the hot weather. so think about something else. You can go for Shimla or Jammu and Kashmir.
Actually the weather was great and we had a fantastic time!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Actually the weather was great and we had a fantastic time!
I was in Bengaluru last late July/early August, and weather was fantastic. No rain and relatively temperate. It has a reputation for having amongst the best weather in all of India. I was also in Rajistan, and the area that we were in had a near perfect microclimate, in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.