Wiki Posts
Search

India e-visa arrivals at Mumbai

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
India e-visa arrivals at Mumbai

Can someone please explain/clarify the immigration arrival procedure at Mumbai for UK Nationals with the new(ish) tourist evisa. I have heard about a room devoted to the evisa before the traditional immigration desks. Thx in advance
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
This would be better asked in either the India destination board or the Border Control board
Old Dec 31, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by IMPERIAL BOY
Can someone please explain/clarify the immigration arrival procedure at Mumbai for UK Nationals with the new(ish) tourist evisa. I have heard about a room devoted to the evisa before the traditional immigration desks. Thx in advance
Follow arrivals, go to a glass booth on the left with an eVisa logo embossed in the glass. Wait in line there to proceed through immigration as normal.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: Etihad,
Both done at the same time .
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:46 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-citizens.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...ov-2014-a.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...-problems.html
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:27 am

My wife and I applied yesterday afternoon and paid with Mastercard and the email visas were waiting for us this morning. The only strange thing was that my wife got three identical emails and I received five . She's now checking that we haven't been charge for eight , but otherwise a pretty stress free experience ^.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Silver
I only got two e-mails each for Mrs GS and I. Only charged once and received the confirmation E-mail (must be printed out) within 24 hours. Much quicker and about a 1/3 of the previous price.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:03 am

The new system in great, applied, paid using lloyds Avios card without any problems, visa issued within 24 hours.

On arrival at Delhi proceed to the eVisa counters where there were no queues biometrics taken within a few minutes, the normal passport channels were a zoo.

First time I have used it and was very impressed.

Not sure of the procedure at Mumbai but should imagine it is now similar to when the eVisa was first introduced.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i always walk by the e-visa section when arriving at bom....there are never more than a few people waiting & things seem to move pretty quickly....
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:35 am
Suspended

Hi Imperial boy,

The indianvisaonline.gov.in website is the official website for the Indian electronic visa (evisa). You could use visafoto to make India visa photo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.