Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

12 hours at New Delhi Airport. Any airside/landside terminal Hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Hi, my flight from Europe gets in at about 5 am in New Delhi. I have a connecting domestic flight at 4:30 pm, Air India.

Are there any airside/landside hotels that I can use upon arrival in New Delhi airport? I will be arriving at the international section obviously and then hang around for about 12 hours, before my flight from the domestic section, at the same terminal.

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:36 am

Programs: Aadvantage
Prepare to sit

Originally Posted by LifeontheBeach
Hi, my flight from Europe gets in at about 5 am in New Delhi. I have a connecting domestic flight at 4:30 pm, Air India.

Are there any airside/landside hotels that I can use upon arrival in New Delhi airport? I will be arriving at the international section obviously and then hang around for about 12 hours, before my flight from the domestic section, at the same terminal.

Any suggestions?
Unless you have an India visa, prepare to sit in a chair. Delhi has you arrive into either a transit area or arrivals (immigration). There is no hotel there at transit, just a large sitting area. If you can get a visa, there is an airport hotel after immigration and customs -- take a left after the interior arrival doors and walk to the end of the terminal -- or take a cab to Aerocity where there are about twenty hotels. Sorry
Old Dec 13, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by Carteeb
Unless you have an India visa, prepare to sit in a chair. Delhi has you arrive into either a transit area or arrivals (immigration). There is no hotel there at transit, just a large sitting area. If you can get a visa, there is an airport hotel after immigration and customs -- take a left after the interior arrival doors and walk to the end of the terminal -- or take a cab to Aerocity where there are about twenty hotels. Sorry

As OP has said he has a connecting domestic flight so am assuming he has valid documents to enter India.

You can stay at eaton transit hotel within the airport, else there are loads of hotel near the delhi aerocity, about 5 minutes drive. I have stayed at the lemon tree and enjoyed my stay. Heard good things about the red fox hotel also.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
the eaton transit hotel is inside the terminal building but can tend to be a bit on the expensive side....venturing 5 minutes out from the airport will give you access to a dozen hotels, most of which will be much cheaper than the eaton hotel....i recommend the four points by sheraton....
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:08 pm

Are there any airside/landside hotels that I can use upon arrival in New Delhi airport?
Yes, there are.
Any suggestions?
I suggest using Tripadvisor to find hotels and read reviews, rather than posting here.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:22 pm

Plaza Premium has sleeper rooms in the arrivals hall. Fairly good value for what you get and they charge you per 3 or 6 hour block, so you can check in early. $56 for 6 hours.

All the other hotels will charge you a 50% or full day premium for such an early check-in. I believe red fox 5 minutes from the airport has an early check-in rate (or likely you would pay for late check-out) but you'd have to call to check.

If you have hotel status you can try for a late check-out. Sheraton, etc. are close to the airport. Email some of the hotels and ask for the best they can offer. My guess is you can get a good standard hotel for $70-90.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Yes, there are.
I suggest using Tripadvisor to find hotels and read reviews, rather than posting here.
Posting here helps FTers who may have the same query in the future.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I have read numerous reports of a hotel inside the international terminal building for intl to intl connections. Is that still the case? I have a 16-hour connecting between Air India business class flights, and there's even a note on AI's lounge info page that you can only use it for three hours before the flight although I doubt that is enforced for transit pax. Just looking for a comfy place to relax. Maybe the Singapore or LH lounges have nap rooms?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I have read numerous reports of a hotel inside the international terminal building for intl to intl connections. Is that still the case? I have a 16-hour connecting between Air India business class flights, and there's even a note on AI's lounge info page that you can only use it for three hours before the flight although I doubt that is enforced for transit pax. Just looking for a comfy place to relax. Maybe the Singapore or LH lounges have nap rooms?
There is a Holiday Inn Express in T3 which you can book

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpres...ax/hoteldetail
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:10 am

Programs: AY+Plat
I will arrive to Delhi 5 pm to connect to next flight, which is 10 AM next day. The flights are NOT in same PNR as I bought them separately. Will I be allowed to enter the transit area so that I can stay in the airside hotel ( I will only have hand luggage) ?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lento
I will arrive to Delhi 5 pm to connect to next flight, which is 10 AM next day. The flights are NOT in same PNR as I bought them separately. Will I be allowed to enter the transit area so that I can stay in the airside hotel ( I will only have hand luggage) ?
is your flight to del an international or domestic flight????also, same question for your flight the next morning????
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
is your flight to del an international or domestic flight????also, same question for your flight the next morning????
Both are International.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both are International.
which airline or airlines????

you should be allowed to stay in the transit area however a lot depends on your second airline & whether their counters are present/open in the transit area when you land....
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
which airline or airlines????

you should be allowed to stay in the transit area however a lot depends on your second airline & whether their counters are present/open in the transit area when you land....
Thanks for the info.
first Jet airways
Next-day, Finnair. Probably Finnair people will not be there as both arrival and departure of Finnair Flights are in the morning.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the info.
first Jet airways
Next-day, Finnair. Probably Finnair people will not be there as both arrival and departure of Finnair Flights are in the morning.
this might be a problem....you are not allowed to enter the departure area unless you have your boarding pass for the next flight....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.