Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

12 hours at New Delhi Airport. Any airside/landside terminal Hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12 hours at New Delhi Airport. Any airside/landside terminal Hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:03 am

I would leave the airport if it saves a bit of money - and you could enjoy a nice dinner. The terminal hotel has been re-branded as a Holiday Inn express. I think you can only access it for an international arrival or int-int connection but check with the hotel. They used to walk you to the hotel from international arrivals when it was the Eaton hotel in the past, I believe.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by erik123
I think you can only access it for an international arrival or int-int connection but check with the hotel.
i believe they also have a domestic wing....
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Sent one email to the hotel providing my flight information and asking if it is safe to book in my circumstances.
Their very lengthy reply had all marketing material but not a single word responding to my questions. My onward travel is similar but with just 3 hour between two flights. I will try to ask at the transfer desk then.
Going to city is good suggestion, how are the taxi fares if for example I book hotel in Gurgaon area ?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lento
Going to city is good suggestion, how are the taxi fares if for example I book hotel in Gurgaon area ?
very cheap....won't cost you more than a couple hundred rupees....
Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I emailed them a week ago and never heard back.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Can someone comment whether a room in the domestic wing at the Holiday Inn Express would work for an overnight int'l -> domstic connection?

The concept of an "international wing" and a "domestic wing" sounds very odd unless the hotel is both airside and essentially operates as two separate hotels in terms of restaurants, facilities etc.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 1:39 am

I don't have any personal experience on below hotels but found them near to airport on the Google Maps.

ibis New Delhi Aerocity

Red Fox Hotel

Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheMadeTraveler
I don't have any personal experience on below hotels but found them near to airport on the Google Maps.

ibis New Delhi Aerocity

Red Fox Hotel

these are close but you still need a car to get to these....the holiday inn express is in the terminal itself....
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:44 am

ibis New Delhi Aerocity

Red Fox Hotel

Red Fox and Lemon Tree are connected and pretty much the rooms are identical. Both are good enough. I enjoy the four points a few minutes further away.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
these are close but you still need a car to get to these....the holiday inn express is in the terminal itself....
Thank you for informing about holiday inn express.

Which one would be the best in terms of services & comfort?
  • ibis New Delhi Aerocity
  • Red Fox Hotel
  • Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport
  • Holiday inn express
Old Aug 4, 2017, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for informing about holiday inn express.

Which one would be the best in terms of services & comfort?
  • ibis New Delhi Aerocity
  • Red Fox Hotel
  • Lemon Tree Premier, Delhi Airport
  • Holiday inn express
if you are looking for a short one night stay then either one of these would be fine....they are all fairly new properties....

having said that, i have stayed at the four points a few times & would definitely recommend that....but keep in mind that its a little further away (an extra 5 minute drive) than the ones you have mentioned above....
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
if you are looking for a short one night stay then either one of these would be fine....they are all fairly new properties....

having said that, i have stayed at the four points a few times & would definitely recommend that....but keep in mind that its a little further away (an extra 5 minute drive) than the ones you have mentioned above....
I have checked that hotel's pics on various websites. It seems a nice place to stay there. The exterior of it looks so eye catching and feels like to be in nature. ^
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have checked that hotel's pics on various websites. It seems a nice place to stay there. The exterior of it looks so eye catching and feels like to be in nature. ^
its one of the nicest four points i've stayed in....
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
12 hour in Delhi

Hi,

I have similar transfer issue: arriving DEL at 9pm on Air Canada and leaving at 9am the next day on Singapore Airlines. I have Star Alliance Gold status and e visa. I only have hand luggage. I appreciate if someone could give me opinion of the following choices:
- stay in Star Alliance lounges, assuming one (or more) of them opens right thru the night?
- exit the airport and stay at hotel nearby?
- catch metro to Delhi Main Train station and stay at hotel nearby,
assuming the metro runs 24 hours?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Ken Nguyen
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Will HI Express in the terminal accept your onward itinerary to go through transit security? Of course, no one will have a boarding pass if it’s an overnight; and if transit counters were open that would mean the flight time is near and no one would need a hotel. Seems this boarding pass requirement defeats the purpose of an overnight hotel? Does anyone know?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.