Stolen item during security scanning...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)

Has anyone had something stolen/taken from one of their bags during security scanning? This did not happen in Canada, but happened in one of two India-based airports. I'd post there, but it's more of a general question ... What can I do? What should I do? There's not enough traffic in the India based airline forum to generate any meaningful feedback...

I had an expensive flash stolen from my camera bag during scanning. I did not realize it until after I reached the hotel.

Would airport security check the security video footage, or is this a case of SOL?

Thanks...
Old Oct 11, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Has anyone had something stolen/taken from one of their bags during security scanning? This did not happen in Canada, but happened in one of two India-based airports. I'd post there, but it's more of a general question ... What can I do? What should I do? There's not enough traffic in the India based airline forum to generate any meaningful feedback...

I had an expensive flash stolen from my camera bag during scanning. I did not realize it until after I reached the hotel.

Would airport security check the security video footage, or is this a case of SOL?

Thanks...
I can't speak for India airport procedures but I worked at the YYC lost and found and in the evening security would bring down items gathered up throughout the day. If someone lost something the same day and we didn't have it I'd transfer them to the security office but I'm not sure how much help that was.

Contacting someone in charge of security if you can reach them is a start or the airport lost and found if there is one. .....Occasionally there are honest people out there in case it was more misplaced than stolen.... (always a possibility, not always the outcome unfortunately).
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CanRulez
how can you be sure it was stolen at security during the scanning process????

they have cctv cameras at airports in india so there is no harm in filing a police complaint but even they will ask you the same question, how can you be sure it was stolen at that point & not before or after????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.