Reload this Page >

Indian Visa: What's my Timeframe?

Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:36 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Ok, in bit of a situation.

I leave for 1.5 months in India on Oct. 29.

Normally, I'd shoot off my visa application NOW (w/ plenty of time to spare in my mind).

That said, a trip came up and I need to be in Bogota Oct. 15-17.

I worry if I apply now I won't get my visa/passport back.

That said, if I wait until Oct 19 (Oct 17 is a Saturday)...worry it'll be too close to my Oct. 29 deadline.

Any ideas?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If it's a tourist visit, then you can do an evisa online.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:06 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Tourist visa, correct.

I was doing my visa through CIBT.

What is the time frame for an e-Visa? You still need to upload pictures and such?

Any and all details GREATLY appreciated.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:57 am

10 yr multiple entry would likely take about a week if you pre-pay for ups. Might take a bit longer. On arrival has to be requested 4-5 days in advance.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

So in my shoes, would you deal w/ this pre or post Bogota?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:13 am
Formerly known as vgandhi

Programs: Delta 1 MM and Platinum, United Premier Platinum, Starwood Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Gold

The best option is go to the nearest Embassy or agency in person and get your visa.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:35 am

The e-visa process can be done online. There is more information in the India forum, but from what I read the turnaround less than one day from the time you submit your application and payment, and the confirmation gets sent to your email. Once that is done, you have to print the confirmation and proceed to the visa counters on arrival. You can go through the process starting 30 days before but not later than 4 days before you arrive. You do need to upload a photo with the application.

That being said, if you intend on making frequent trips to India it could be wise to get a multiple entry visa from a consulate, as the e-visa is a single-entry visa and can only be done twice per year.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold

My sister in law did hers on line
3 days later she was good to go
Do it before you go
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:12 pm

If you don't have a visa, you won't be allowed to board the plane.

In your circumstances, sounds like applying for an eVisa TODAY is a better option, because you'd be cutting it very close otherwise and might not have a passport for your trip to BOG.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold

I believe you don't need to submit your passport
Could be wrong
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:22 pm

you get your approval email within days after you submit your application online and only get your passport stamped at port of entry in India.

However, evisa is only valid for maximum 30 days from the date of arrival.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by airindia787
That being said, if you intend on making frequent trips to India it could be wise to get a multiple entry visa from a consulate, as the e-visa is a single-entry visa and can only be done twice per year.
I am going to India for my honeymoon in december and will be there for ~3 weeks before flying to the Maldives for a week, after the Maldives we will be returning to india (TRV) for one day/night before returning home. Does this mean I need multiple entry visa's and if so can I do that online or is it better to go to embassy?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by quaxon
I am going to India for my honeymoon in december and will be there for ~3 weeks before flying to the Maldives for a week, after the Maldives we will be returning to india (TRV) for one day/night before returning home. Does this mean I need multiple entry visa's and if so can I do that online or is it better to go to embassy?
You need a multiple-entry visa. You can't do that one online.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 9:36 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
Hi All,

Received an email today saying my Indian e-visa was approved. I went to the site and printed my visa application. Is this the actual e-visa or will it still come in an email in the next few days (the form I printed says Delhi Airport - Tourist Visa on Arrival, but looks more like an application then visa)?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 11:01 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by airindia787
The e-visa process can be done online. There is more information in the India forum, but from what I read the turnaround less than one day from the time you submit your application and payment, and the confirmation gets sent to your email. Once that is done, you have to print the confirmation and proceed to the visa counters on arrival. You can go through the process starting 30 days before but not later than 4 days before you arrive. You do need to upload a photo with the application.

Appreciate the info, airindia787.

I'm looking to go to Nepal and India, but with the following possible itinerary:

Jaipur-Nepal (not sure yet if by land/air)-Patna, Kolkata. I'm not currently where it's easy to get a visa at a consulate/embassy. That said, given your report on the e-visa application, could I feasibly apply for two e-visas within two weeks of each other? (The limit is two per year, but are there any other limits?)

Thanks,
BmB

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.