Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

International to International Transit in HYD - Do I need a Transit Visa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond

In November as part of an Around the World trip, I will be flying:

AUH-HYD (EY)

Connecting 5 hours later to:

HYD - HKG (CX)

Will I need any type of Visa if I am not planning on leaving the airport? These flights are on two separate tickets so will that create a potential issue? Thank you for your help!
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by MCI777
In November as part of an Around the World trip, I will be flying:

AUH-HYD (EY)

Connecting 5 hours later to:

HYD - HKG (CX)

Will I need any type of Visa if I am not planning on leaving the airport? These flights are on two separate tickets so will that create a potential issue? Thank you for your help!
Two separate tickets - likely yes if you check in luggage that is not interlined to your final destination. In that case, the luggage will be offloaded and you'll need to clear immigrations/customs to collect it and check it in to the next flight. Not sure if HYD offers visa on arrival, but if they do and you check in luggage, you should be ok. A transit visa is an option in this case, but this requires you to submit your passport to an Indian Consulate, which I assume you would rather not do.

In fact, even if you don't have any checked in luggage, you'll have to exit the arrivals area and go upstairs to the general check-in area (there is no check-in airside). The only scenario in which you will not possibly need to leave the arrivals area is if you don't have any check-in luggage and get a boarding pass to your connecting flight at your origin. Even then, I'd think the chances are less than 50:50.

You'll most likely need a visa because of the two separate tickets on two different airlines.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MCI777
These flights are on two separate tickets so will that create a potential issue?
this is a cause of concern, especially if you have checked-in luggage....technically it can be done without a visa but you will have to find a cx agent in the transit area to help you with your onward journey....this will not be easy....
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
technically it can be done without a visa but you will have to find a cx agent in the transit area to help you with your onward journey....this will not be easy....
No checked luggage ( I pack light ) but finding a CX agent was what I afraid of. Not a biggie though. I still have time to obtain my visa.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also EY may deny you boarding if you don't hold an ETA/eTVOA. Spend the 60$ for peace of mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.