Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai-Delhi 4-8 th July 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Mumbai-Delhi 4-8 th July 2015

Hello guys

I am new to this forum. I am going to India on 4-8th July 2015. I am attending a conference in Mumbai from 4-5th July, then I intend to go to New Delhi and have a one day trip to Taj Mahal. i've seen there are already quite a few threads similar to mine, but there are still some things that I would like to know better.

I would fly from Mumbai to New Delhi on July 6th, have a one day city exploring, go to Agra on July 7th, and get back to Mumbai on July 8th. is there any recommended budget hotel i can stay in delhi?

i want to take the train to Agra to go see the Taj mahal, and also get back to Delhi by train, but I find it really hard to book the train from the internet. how exactly can i book the train? or is it better for me to just book a day trip to agra from any of the tour companies that i can find in the internet? but since i am a solo traveler, i find booking a day trip tour is quite expensive, compared if i were in groups. one more thing, i don't know which tour company is reliable or not.

thank you guys for your advice and help
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lasiaf34
is there any recommended budget hotel i can stay in delhi?
what is your budget????

Originally Posted by lasiaf34
i want to take the train to Agra to go see the Taj mahal, and also get back to Delhi by train, but I find it really hard to book the train from the internet. how exactly can i book the train? or is it better for me to just book a day trip to agra from any of the tour companies that i can find in the internet? but since i am a solo traveler, i find booking a day trip tour is quite expensive, compared if i were in groups. one more thing, i don't know which tour company is reliable or not.
if you are not looking to stay in agra then you can get a taxi at the delhi airport that will take you to agra & back....no need to book a tour....
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
if you are not looking to stay in agra then you can get a taxi at the delhi airport that will take you to agra & back....no need to book a tour....
Perhaps OP's request for information was not interpreted correctly; is there a suggested place to rent a taxi for a day from the city (near a hotel) so that the traveler does not have to go back from his hotel to the airport early in the morning, take a taxi to Agra, come back in the evening and then take a taxi from airport to the hotel?

lasiaf34, In Agra city the taxi will take you to a car/taxi parking lot. From there you have to get on a golf cart or a horse driven cart or whatever else is available, for less than a dollar (Rs. 40) to be transported to the Taj Mahal. At the entrance to Taj there is a special window for foreign tourists to purchase a ticket costing about Rs. 750. Once inside, walk along the water fountains in the middle of the garden to the end and on the left side there is a special line for foreign tourists to get up on the platform, on which the Taj Mahal sits. The place gets quite crowded from the middle of the day onwards; so leave early in the morning. For the taxi ride, in addition to the fare, you have to pay toll charges for the expressway and state boundary crossing charges also. Make sure the taxi fare does not include that, else you could be paying twice if the taxi driver wants to play games. Travelling by train on your own might be quite difficult.

Last edited by Slow_Mustang; Jun 26, 2015 at 2:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.