Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Questions Reguarding EWR -> BOM / BOM -> GOI

Old Jun 8, 2015, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

***Hello everyone! I am a new poster, I believe I read all rules and regulations regarding posting on this site. However, if I have already broken any rules please alert me via PM right away so I can amend the situation.

Moderators, this forum is expansive, so if this is a repost, please feel free to merge with a pre existing thread. I did a search and I could not find a similar thread, but if so, alert me immediately if I did anything wrong***

Anywho, I will be traveling to Goa in December and this will be my first trip to India. I am very excited and anxious to visit India. As an American, it will surely be a culture shock, though these kind of trips fascinate me.

I have a couple of questions about the flight itself however, I feel I have read countless praises and nightmares about transferring from International to Domestic as BOM.

My current itinerary is to depart EWR at 5.00PM on December 8 2015 scheduled to arrive BOM at 5.32 BOM time the following day..

THEN, I am schedules to depart BOM at 8.10PM BOM time for GOI for a respective 9.20 arrival.

I guess I am asking a couple of question, with main priority, will transferring in BOM be a nightmare? Is there enough time to connect and clear customs? I assume, since it seems we will be basically switching airports at this transfer...will I need to collect baggage and clear customs at the international terminal? Or, will it be a positive experience?

As an American (travelling with a Goan, mind you) have a hard time in BOM?

Has anyone taken this flight before? Any reviews on experience? quality of aircraft? Customer Service off and on board the flight?

I booked this itinerary via Orbitz and I have never had issues with them before. I requested a window seat and an adjacent seat. I have heard stories of passengers just taking their own seats and not giving them up even when presenting their tickets to them, people say people may pick their own seats and then refuse to move regardless. I have been very lucky with air travel in my lifetime (except a 36 hour bout stuck in Panama , thanks Copa...) SO I guess just let me know what I NEED to know.

Thank you for including me in your community and I hope to have a pleasurable stay here.

Take Care Guys!
Dan

Last edited by DIDO2SPAC; Jun 8, 2015 at 10:32 pm
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:12 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
OP if you can share the airlines details as well, we should be able to help you out. welcome to FT
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Of course, I missed something. The most obvious something.

Air India, friends.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:56 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
are you booked through on the same PNR or different PNRs. if the same PNR head to the transit desk and they should be able to get you across to domestic airport in a timely fashion. But Intl to domestic MCT is 180 minutes so I suspect you booked two separate tickets?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
are you booked through on the same PNR or different PNRs. if the same PNR head to the transit desk and they should be able to get you across to domestic airport in a timely fashion. But Intl to domestic MCT is 180 minutes so I suspect you booked two separate tickets?
Thanks for your reply.

I booked through Orbitz which I believe is a Worldspan PNR system.

I have attached my PNR (or CRS?) data from Air India's site for reference. (Travelers names and data omitted)

Thanks Again.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm not a fan of transferring in bom with under 3 hours between flights....too many things can go wrong....
Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm not a fan of transferring in bom with under 3 hours between flights....too many things can go wrong....
Yeah I concur with this. Also I don't think this would be the case for your connecting flight to GOI but double check to see if that AI leg departs from the International Airport and not the Domestic one as some AI legs depart from International.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.