Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Need to accrue hotel points for free stay in Mumbai. Where to start ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need to accrue hotel points for free stay in Mumbai. Where to start ?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2015, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Smile Need to accrue hotel points for free stay in Mumbai. Where to start ?

I'm planning a trip to India next year or early 2017 . I want to accrue hotel points for possible free stay in Mumbai. I would like to stay closer to the airport as opposed to south Mumbai. Which hotel chain should I go for ? I checked Marriott website to get an idea as to how many points per night but almost any day I picked it said not eligible for reward stay.
Old Feb 6, 2015, 4:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

There are a couple nice tools where you can determine what hotel chains have properties in a destination.

hotelhustle.com
http://hotelmagician.com/interactive_hotel_maps/
awardmapper.com

For example, look at awardmapper.com. Put in Bombay Airport. It brings up all the properties for chains we typically discuss on FT. It shows the points required for redemption at each. I see a couple Hyatts and a Hilton close to the airport. You can then go to the hotel forums on FT and learn more about those properties.

The HotelMagician tool is nice because you can set it to be within a specified distance of the airport. You then choose the brands you want to consider. It is excellent for visualizing what is close.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by uvasag
I'm planning a trip to India next year or early 2017 . I want to accrue hotel points for possible free stay in Mumbai. I would like to stay closer to the airport as opposed to south Mumbai. Which hotel chain should I go for ? I checked Marriott website to get an idea as to how many points per night but almost any day I picked it said not eligible for reward stay.
is there any chain you have points with at the moment????

its very unlikely that hotels would have put in their award inventory for 2017 as its too far out....award availability will be there but you need to check closer to your travel date, not 2 years ahead....
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:48 am
Original Poster

I have an account with Marriott and I tried searching on their site just to get an idea as to how many points it would be per night. Even searching for March next month, it didn't show any rooms that could be redeemed with points. The booking room with points checkbox was greyed out. I'll look at the site listed above to see which hotel has locations in Mumbai and go from there. Thanks for all the help so far.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:22 am
Community Director Emerita

I was curious about your experience and checked my own Marriott account. I'm attaching the results I got. It shows points for one of the two properties near the airport. The other property showed the points required when I clicked thru.. All of the four Mumbai properties had rooms available for redemption.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Thank you SanDiego1K
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers
Chase URP's.
If Chase books hotels one gets 20% bonus.
Have reserved (5) nights Chateau Windsor = 37+K URPs.
(above average tripadv-rated budget hotel by Churchgate-MarineDrive)
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer
Chase URP's.
If Chase books hotels one gets 20% bonus.
Have reserved (5) nights Chateau Windsor = 37+K URPs.
(above average tripadv-rated budget hotel by Churchgate-MarineDrive)
cool. I have a Chase freedom card. Can start collecting URPs though I recently moved most of my URP to United
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:06 pm

Marriot points should work at Renaissance, Powai (not that far from International Airport) and JW Marriot Juhu (slightly far from the airport)

Depending on how long your stay is, MArriot also has service apartments next to Renaissance at Powai
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beingdesh
Marriot points should work at Renaissance, Powai (not that far from International Airport) and JW Marriot Juhu (slightly far from the airport)

Depending on how long your stay is, MArriot also has service apartments next to Renaissance at Powai
Thanks so much. Powai actually works better for me.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
I just stayed at the Courtyard Mumbai Airport. At 10,000 points, it's quite a steal compared to the pricing. It's very new and the rooms are quite posh. As a Gold, I got an upgrade to their nicest non-suite room and a rather fancy breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.