Time to Clear Immigration at DEL T3 at 3 am

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Time to Clear Immigration at DEL T3 at 3 am

Hi All,

I am arriving at DEL T3 from AUH Friday morning at 3:15 am. How busy is Immigration and Customs that time? I have a meeting later that morning and want to a few hours sleep at my hotel before I go. Do I have a chance of being at the hotel (the Taj) by 5 am? Is there a premium line for J pax?

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is a premium line. 1 minute to 25 minutes is my experience at that time, mostly around 5-15 minutes minutes most of the time I arrive at DEL since the new airport terminal opened.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Cool. Etihad pax able to use the premium line?
Old Dec 17, 2014, 6:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by PresRDC
Cool. Etihad pax able to use the premium line?
Yes. As long as you don't have checked bags you should easily make it to the Taj Mansingh Rd hotel or the Taj palace hotel by or well before 5 am. I used to more or less live a few minutes walk from the Taj Mansingh Road hotel and would head there instead of to the house to grab food at 4-5:30 am at one of the hotel restaurants or even before if coming in from Europe instead of the Gulf.

I would expect to get to the hotel around 4:45 am
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
at that time it should not take you more than 10 minutes to cross immigration & 20-25 minutes to get to your hotel from the airport....how long your checked bags take is another question....i've had bags come in as quickly as 5 minutes & as long as 30 minutes....
Old Dec 19, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA G, Ex-DL GM, Ex-UA 1P
They are currently doing an Ebola bureaucracy screening before immigration that took much longer than immigration. I didn't see any premium line for this screening, which is basically filling out a form, then waiting in a horribly disorderly mobbed line (this is India after all), for some official to stamp it and allow you onwards to immigration.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah, that part was not fun, but the rest of the process went smoothly. I was a very easy arrival, all things considered.

Will be doing it again this weekend, this time arriving on Qatar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.