Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Udaipur

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Hotel in Udaipur

My wife are spending two nights in Udaipur in December. Unfortunately, as we booked our trip somewhat last minute, what look to be the most desirable hotels (Taj Lake Place and Oberoi) are either booked, or going for $1,000 + a night.

We're looking for an upscale luxurious experience, but we want to keep the nightly cost at or below $500 USD.

The two hotels we are currently looking at are Fateh Prakash Palace and Fateh Garh

We're open to other suggestions if people want to share. Both hotels look nice, but certainly not 5 star. Hoping to get some feedback from the community.

Thanks

- JP
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Why are you starting another thread on this topic when you've already asked this same question here?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Why are you starting another thread on this topic when you've already asked this same question here?
My thread topic was very specific there, so I thought a more broad based question would elicit a better response. I'm no longer choosing between the Trident and Chunda, i'm looking at two other hotels.

I've also been given an option for the Oberoi in Udaipur, but it's about $1,000 a night after taxes. Not sure I can justify the additional $600 a night (although I'm sure it would be an amazing hotel)
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
i agree....asking the mods to modify the title would have been a better option than starting a new thread....
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
i agree....asking the mods to modify the title would have been a better option than starting a new thread....
Fair enough. I am happy to delete this thread, and have the name changed on the other thread for consolidation purposes.

What's the easiest way to request that from the mods?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jpripcord
Fair enough. I am happy to delete this thread, and have the name changed on the other thread for consolidation purposes.

the little red icon under your name....use that to let the mods know you want to close this thread & request a name change to the other one....
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by jpripcord

Closed as requested. Please continue discussion in below thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...s-options.html

Thanks,
AJLondon
Mod

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.