Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
E-Visa / ETA and 30 Day Single Entry Visa on Arrival in India

India new Visa On Arrival
(Actually advance online e-Tourist Visa with actual visa issued on arrival)
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The Indian e-Tourist Visa is available for holders of passports of following countries and territories:
Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Island, Chile, China, China (Hong Kong SAR), China (Macau SAR), Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Korea, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vanuatu, Vatican City-Holy See, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Eligibility
Citizens of the above-listed countries using ordinary passports from such countries when the sole objective of visiting India is one or more of the following: recreation (of most but not all sorts); sight seeing (in most of India); casual visit to meet friends or relatives (in most of India); short duration medical treatment; or casual visits for most (but not all) business purposes.

The passport should have at least six months' validity on the date of arrival.

International Travellers should have return ticket or onward journey ticket,with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.

The visa is valid for a single entry for a stay of 30 days (from the date of entry) and cannot be extended.

Be sure to fill out your information very accurately! If there's anything off, you may be required to board the next flight out operated by your airline of entry.

Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.

Not available to Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders.

E-TOURIST VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
Step 1
Apply online
Upload Photo and Passport Page

Step 2
Pay visa fee online
Using Credit / Debit card

Step 3
Receive ETA Online
ETA Will be sent to your e-mail

Step 4
Print ETA and carry it for and on the flight to India so you can present it on arrival at the immigration desks.

This being India, it is the real experience on arrival that is critical, especially since this is a brand new operation.

We need datapoints for
- How long it took you to get through immigration?
- Any issues (human, bureaucratic or technological?)

Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Evisa & Visa on arrival for India

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:39 am

Here's my experience with the E-visa process based in NY. The website states that the fee is $60, but it is $60, when I went to pay, the price jumped to the equivalent of $127. Within 5 minutes of payment, I received a call from the NYC India Embassy and they informed me that I needed to pay the expedited fee of an additional $177 even though I will be arriving in India in 5 days. I was told the E-visa process takes 7-10 business days even though the website says 4 days (not business days, just 4 days). Since I assume these are the same people that will be processing my application, they can simply delay my processing if I don't pay the fee, so I sucked it up and paid it. So overall, I paid over $300 for a single entry visa and I'm only going to be in India for about 30 hours. Everyone should apply in advance because a single entry will only cost about $60 and multiple entry 10 years is $150.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:25 am

" . . . the E-visa process based in NY."

Did you go to the webpage linked above:

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

Or did you get tricked by a third-party site pretending to be the official site, like this one:

http://www.indianvisaonline.org.in

Google makes real money placing these folks at the top of a search request. Shameful.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
I received a call from the NYC India Embassy
You were the victim of a con. The e-tourist visa is processed in India itself and not by any Embassy/Consulate. It is a fully automated online process.

I've arranged e-tourist visas for multiple friends and colleagues and the process could not have been simpler or smoother. Application takes about 20 minutes to compile and submit, and then approval always received within 24 hours.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:45 am

And assuming it was a con, you've given them your credit card info.

You may be able to reverse this through your credit card company, particularly if they blatantly mis-represented themselves as from the Indian Embassy. That's fraud.

No matter, you'll still want to change your credit card number. Not people you can trust with that sort of information. Especially since they've got a copy of your passport as ID!
Old Jul 16, 2016, 11:37 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Novice question time...

I'm thinking of applying for an evisa now but don't expect to make to India for at least a week. Is the visa only valid from the date it is issued, or from the date stamped in India?

Additionally, it is likely that the arrival airport I choose will be decided the day before I get to India; do I have to choose one of the designated airports during the application process.

Thanks,
BmB
Old Jul 18, 2016, 8:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You are only technically issued with the visa when you land. So you can apply now and give a 30 day window within which you intend to arrive. You should apply at least 4 days before arriving. The airport of arrival is not specific.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:21 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You are only technically issued with the visa when you land. So you can apply now and give a 30 day window within which you intend to arrive. You should apply at least 4 days before arriving. The airport of arrival is not specific.
'ppreciate your reply, oliver2002. IIRC, it doesn't matter which airport from which departs, correct?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
'ppreciate your reply, oliver2002. IIRC, it doesn't matter which airport from which departs, correct?
Yes, it doesn't matter.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:58 am

Overstayed in India with Etourist Visa

Hello folks,
I have overstayed with my daughter with etourist visa,
What i should do now?
am i in Real trouble?
Please help me with your reply
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: LH
Applied last night and had the approved e-visa in my mailbox this morning around 12 hours later. ~49 USD.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 8:11 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
I am a little confused at the process here. I only need a 30 day tourist visa, but the Indian Embassy to the US sends me to Cox and King.

Should I use them?

Or should I use: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html ???

I am traveling in less than two weeks so I am in a bit of a time crunch as well.

Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, TK Elite, Hyatt Platinum
Arriving in India on 22nd October, what date should I apply for the e-visa? I'm a bit confused by some sites saying you apply 4 days before you go
Old Oct 27, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
I will be visiting India in December and I will be applying for an e-visa. As part of the trip we were going to Nepal for a few days and then returning to India. Will I be allowed to re-enter India from Nepal using the e-visa?

If I will not be allowed to re-enter India, will I be allowed to go to Nepal as the last stop on my trip and then transit back through India on my original e-visa?
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:49 pm

Unless they change the rules -- possibly in the long run but not very possibly by December -- your e-visa is good for only one entry. If you want to return to India after visiting Nepal, you'll need another visa. If arriving back from Nepal at one of the airports good for e-visas, you can get a second e-visa while in Nepal. If travelling back overland, you'll need to get a normal Indian visa in Nepal, since e-visas aren't good at land borders.

If just making a quick transit at an Indian airport after visiting Nepal, then you'll have to meet the requirements for transit without visa, since your old e-visa will have expired.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
My question exactly. So where it says expected arrival date in the form, do I specify a window, or give the first date of the window? Or is it a 30 day window from the approval date? (or application date?)

Thanks !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.