Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MALDIVES ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

MALDIVES ?

Does anyone here have experience with traveling to the Maldives? Is it worth the trek? Will be going to Delhi and my thought was that the Maldives might be possible from BOM, or Delhi. Thank you for your time.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Millions have and continue to visit Maldives. It's wonderful if you don't mind the humidity.
Pics from our trip last year.
And our resort.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Just returned. Stress relief, peaceful. Stayed at Taj Exotica. Would recommend.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've been there a number of times & would highly recommend it....
Old Dec 7, 2014, 10:40 pm

How expensive is Maldives? I hear its visa free for everyone. I'm a naturalized US citizen (originally from Nepal) but I'm planning on visiting Maldives with my girl during my trip early next year.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:55 pm

Hi, The.walker! Things are more expensive in the Maldives than in the US due to having to ship everything. That being said, a lot depends on where you stay and how you go about paying for that. Yes, you will pay more for things, and depending on where you are it may not be as high of quality (airport food court vs your resort). I didn't find it EXTREME, but we stayed on points and were expecting HUGE costs for meals. Was there last year for 6 days and spent $2k which included all meals for 2 adults (and cocktail hour at Ithaa), the $1k sea plane transfer to the Conrad and a whale shark excursion. I'd say roughly $500 - $700 in food and alcohol for 6 days, we had free breakfast, but probably about what I would pay in San Fran per day.

There are plenty of all-inclusive resorts and other options. It is expensive to get there and stay there, but you can drastically cut your costs by staying on points, etc.

And did I mention it is worth every penny?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.