Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

How much time do you put between DEL T3-T1 Transfers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum

Hi all,

I will be taking VS flight from JFK via LHR to DEL to attend my friend's wedding in Kolkata . I know that I should have been looking for a flight straight to CCU, but there was more than $500 difference between JFK-DEL flight and JFK-CCU flight.

So I will be arriving in DEL via VS300 - which arrives at 11:55AM... and I am seeing the following options to CCU.

I was thinking about booking 3:30pm IndiGo flight, and was wondering if (1) I am giving enough time for T3-T1 transfer or (2) giving myself two much time since IIRC Indian airports don't let you get into the terminal too early. (like, if this was AMS, I could probably be at the airport way early and hangout in the lounges, but don't know if it's possible in India).

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
Hi all,

I will be taking VS flight from JFK via LHR to DEL to attend my friend's wedding in Kolkata . I know that I should have been looking for a flight straight to CCU, but there was more than $500 difference between JFK-DEL flight and JFK-CCU flight.

So I will be arriving in DEL via VS300 - which arrives at 11:55AM... and I am seeing the following options to CCU.

I was thinking about booking 3:30pm IndiGo flight, and was wondering if (1) I am giving enough time for T3-T1 transfer or (2) giving myself two much time since IIRC Indian airports don't let you get into the terminal too early. (like, if this was AMS, I could probably be at the airport way early and hangout in the lounges, but don't know if it's possible in India).

Thanks!
Indigo 3.30pm is fine.. you are not too early to be denied access to the terminal nor cutting it too short..
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
if your incoming flight is on time then you will easily be able to make the 2:15pm ai flight as well....but if you prefer to go with indigo then you should get to t1 between 2:15-2:30 & will be allowed to enter....
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Riteaid wellness+ Gold, PlanetFitness Preferred Black, Hyatt Cubic Zirconia, Hallmark Crown Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
if your incoming flight is on time then you will easily be able to make the 2:15pm ai flight as well....but if you prefer to go with indigo then you should get to t1 between 2:15-2:30 & will be allowed to enter....
I just checked and for my date (Jan 2, 2015) - Ai flight unfortunately gets moved at 1:15pm slot
Old Aug 13, 2014, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IIIIIIIIIIllllllllll
I just checked and for my date (Jan 2, 2015) - Ai flight unfortunately gets moved at 1:15pm slot
then just stick with indigo....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.