Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best international departure airline lounge in india

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

best international departure airline lounge in india

i can fly out of *any* airport in india and would like to make use of the airport that has the best international departure lounge. i am not a member of any clubs and will only be flying economy class, so i am in need of a lounge that i can pay to enter and use. i would like complimentary food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic drink availability. free wifi would also be nice.

what airport and what club would you recommend?

thanks for your help!
cb
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DEL has a few pay per use lounges that are pretty decent. 1600INR will buy you all you can booze+eat at the ITC Green lounge.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 4:37 am
Original Poster

thanks, i've heard of this place....is it truly a "lounge" or just a restaurant. i.e. does the amount you quoted get you into an area where you can relax and read and hang out....or does it just get you the food and drinks? i can't seem to get a clear answer on that.

totally appreciate the super fast reply!
cb
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its a typical contract lounge operated by the ITC group used by many airlines. If you like to get in without an invite from an airline, they ask you to pay:

http://www.itchotels.in/greenlounge/index.html

BTW, this is standard at many Indian airports, the contract lounges also allow entry against payment. The value for money varies. Last month I had a lot of time in DEL T3 so I scouted all the lounges and looked inside. The all you can eat and drink for 1600 (or 1400 as quoted on the website) seemed a decent offer.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
del & bom both have a number of choices where you will get what you are looking for....none of the lounges are anything to write home about but are decent enough to spend a few hours in....
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:24 am
Original Poster

keyser, thanks for your reply. any details on the easily accessible int'l lounges that have what i'm looking for, esp mumbai? sorry to be a pain! but i'm volunteer teaching in rural jharkhand and surfing the web is next to impossible. it takes me about 15 minutes just to send this message!

thanks again,
cb
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
keyser, thanks for your reply. any details on the easily accessible int'l lounges that have what i'm looking for, esp mumbai? sorry to be a pain! but i'm volunteer teaching in rural jharkhand and surfing the web is next to impossible. it takes me about 15 minutes just to send this message!

thanks again,
cb
here you go:

CIP Lounge

Blending with the aesthetics of the beautiful and striking Terminal 2 of Mumbai airport, the entire lounge space boasts of distinctive interiors reflecting the Indian ethos that will give passengers a distinct ‘Sense of Place’ and a clear awareness of being in Mumbai.
The space also has hosts of innovative facilities in the form of cultural theatres, luxury spas, Wi-Fi availability, private shower facilities etc. in keeping with MIAL’s plan of encouraging product, service and design innovation to compliment the overall ambience, design and architecture of the new terminal.

Company : Mumbai Airport Lounge Services Pvt. Ltd.
Level 3 for International Business Class Passengers
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:01 am
Original Poster

thx again keyser...so as i read it, i must be int'l first or business class to enter (that's what's given for the entrance levels....). i mentioned in my OP that i was economy class....

really appreciate the feedback!
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cliffordbarnabus
thx again keyser...so as i read it, i must be int'l first or business class to enter (that's what's given for the entrance levels....). i mentioned in my OP that i was economy class....

really appreciate the feedback!
you can pay to get in as well....even if you are traveling economy....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.