Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Deals on airfare to DEL

Deals on airfare to DEL

Old May 27, 2014, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Deals on airfare to DEL

Hi all - Would like to head to DEL this summer for a quick trip (target dates: July 1-July 13). Am flying from WAS (IAD, BWI, DCA airports are all fine). Any suggestions for where to find cheaper airline tickets? Scouring kayak, makemytrip.com has only shown options that are around $1700.
Would love any ideas!
Old May 28, 2014, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
are you a member of any frequent flyer program????do you have any miles with them????would you be willing to fly out from another close-by airport????
Old May 28, 2014, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Deals on airfare to DEL

Keep an eye on the Mileage Run Deals forum. There are frequently sub-$1,000 fares available. However, you are looking only ~45 days before your trip which is not very far in advance (so, the cheapest advance purchase fares are likely gone).

I flew ORD-MUC-DEL-MUC-ORD in November for less than $750 on LH but it was a K fare.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:10 am

Compare fares on a travel-based search engine, such as skyscanner, or check with a local travel agent. Be flexible with travel dates and you are likely to get the best deal.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. Just to close out - was able to find a somewhat decent fare. Ended up being around $900 one-way on Emirates (w/ 6hr layover in Dubai), and a return on United for 50K miles.
Likely could have found something better but given how late I started looking, this works fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.