YOUR India visa application experience with CKGS @USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Has anyone gotten better updates from using a visa service? We used Travelvisapro and they are pretty terrible about sending information out. It has been a week and a half since we sent in our passports, is it normal now for a one month processing time?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:26 pm

CKGS Houston - PIO

I am shocked and also very happy because we got our son's PIO card in 8 business days.

I have been reading lots of complaints about BLS/CKGS and was delaying the application process from last 6 months.
Finally I sent all the documents on July 17,2014 using their Fedex service. There was no way to track the application number on the website and CKGS phone is of no use.

But I was following with them through email service. CKGS inquiry email address is quite efficient and they do reply with in 24 hours. But they never mentioned the progress/status of whole process. Today with no expectation we received fedex package with my son's US passport and PIO card. We are very happy and very thankful to CKGS houston office.

With my experience i will give them 5 star.
(In 2011, i had received my new Indian passport in 7 days from Houston office but that was from different company)

So far i had good experience.
All the best to all of you.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
The negative news about losing passport, long process time really made me nervous.

If I mail it this week, can I expect to get my passport back by the end of august? What are the chances taht they lose my possport? I have quite a few immigration stamps on it, so it'll be good memory for me, so I would be really pissed if they lose my passport.
If it is a tourist visa and all paperwork is in order, I don't see why you would not have your visa within 10 days or so. The chances of passports getting lost are slim: they handle many applications, and the ones where a passport gets lost you hear about; not about the others.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:01 pm

I just overnight-ed my visa application to CKGS San Francisco processing center via fedex today.... the package includes a return FEDEX overnight envelope along with my passport and paperwork...

hopefully they already got their acts in order after the disaster in May/June as others have indicated....

keeping my fingers crossed...
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:59 am

CKGS Atlanta Service was Flawless

Filled all forms online and followed the instructions almost to a tee.
Printed and Fedex'd along with return envelope.
Tracked progress via the website and email.
Only 'glitch' was that they lost the return envelope. They emailed me and asked me to send a copy of the Airbill. I scanned my copy and emailed back.
That was yesterday. Just picked up my passports inside the Fedex envelope today from my doorstep.
total time door to door: eight days!!
So despite all the horror stories, they are getting their act together nicely.
Thank you CKGS Atlanta!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:28 am

Charged higher fee, no refund

I applied and paid for a 5 year visa. The Indian embassy only granted one year. CKGS will not refund the difference for the cost of 1 year vs 5 years. It is only $90, but it is more the principle than the amount.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:53 am

CKGS - passport and visa lost

I sent in application for visa on 11 July to CKGS NYC. I checked off and paid for fedex return, yet they ignored that. Instead they shipped it via USPS envelope I had enclosed for return of the renunciation certificate.

Worse, the passport and visa never arrived. Called and emailed CKGS many times. They sent conflicting messages. One message and call said they had not sent it. Most others said they had dispatched it on 23 July.

After one week, I gave up on CKGS. I applied for a same day passport at passport agency, and then emergency visa at consulate. One day for each.

Appears their process is very sloppy. I saw CKGS dump applications all together and work on data entry in the common area in the indian consulate today.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by ajoshua
Filled all forms online and followed the instructions almost to a tee.
Printed and Fedex'd along with return envelope.
Tracked progress via the website and email.
Only 'glitch' was that they lost the return envelope. They emailed me and asked me to send a copy of the Airbill. I scanned my copy and emailed back.
That was yesterday. Just picked up my passports inside the Fedex envelope today from my doorstep.
total time door to door: eight days!!
So despite all the horror stories, they are getting their act together nicely.
Thank you CKGS Atlanta!
Most of the horror stories occurred at NY and SF. SF area newspaper ran quite a few articles about the horror stories at CKGS SF center... I sent mine to SF. That's what got me worried.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by billk86
I am in the middle of the process now. My trip is in Oct. I FedEx'd my passport to the SF office late last week from Portland O. The online "Track My Application" shows that it has been sent to the Embassy, so that is good.

A few things that I figured out that may help:

-Attach a letter with all the countries you have visited in the last 10 years if they won't fit in the small space allotted on the application. If there is a stamp in your passport that you don't list, it could be a reason for them to reject the application.

-Make a good color copy of the first two pages of your passport in case there is an issue. (I store this in a place online I can access when I travel as a just in case.)

-Check the application carefully. I found a pretty good online resource that had a sample app (Not the one on the CKGS site) located here: http://goasia.about.com/od/visaforin...ation-Form.htm

-Don't pay them for the courrier return service. Include your own pre-paid FedEx one-rate envelope with a printed return address label.

I think that is it. Feel free to contact me thru DM if you have questions.
How long did it take in your case for your application status to get updated after you mailed your paperwork?

Fedex tracking indicated that my application package was received and signed by CKGS reception desk on Thursday morning 9am, but after more than 24 hours (as of 3pm friday afternoon), the tracking is still showing "No application exist"......
Old Aug 1, 2014, 6:16 pm

How long did it take in your case for your application status to get updated after you mailed your paperwork?

Fedex tracking indicated that my application package was received and signed by CKGS reception desk on Thursday morning 9am, but after more than 24 hours (as of 3pm friday afternoon), the tracking is still showing "No application exist"......
just got an update... called CKGS phone number and received a new tracking ID, and they have indeed received my application and it's being processed....
Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Plat
just got an update... called CKGS phone number and received a new tracking ID, and they have indeed received my application and it's being processed....
Sorry I missed your post earlier....CKGS did sent e-mail updates and updated the site on the day they received the application.

UPDATE: According to the FedEx tracking, we are scheduled to receive our passports back from CKGS sometime today. If this is accurate and everything arrives intact with Visas the whole process from door-to-door will be less then two weeks.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold

For my application with the San Francisco branch it took ~2 weeks from submission to receiving my passport back via FedEx.

Just watch out for the 6 month max validity for non-US citizens. They'll still charge you for the longer validity visa but only give you 6 months.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:46 am

My husband and I applied direct to CKGS in San Francisco...less than two weeks from the time our applications arrived at CKGS and the time we received our 6 month visas.

We paid the $15 fedex processing fee...

Our application status was updated every couple days on CKGS...My guess is that processing will be delayed if you use a third party visa processor
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta Plat
We received our passports back with visas yesterday! The total time from door-to-door (Portland to CKGS in San Fran via FedEx) was 11 days (7 business). Note that we could have opted for faster return shipping.

We did not pay CKGS the $15 FedEx processing fee. Instead we included a prepaid FedEx one rate envelope with a printed return label.

My girlfriend and I sent our applications together, but included two separate return envelopes (as per CKGS's request).

Like the post above, we were updated every step along the way via email from CKGS.

Good luck everyone!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
Yet another CKGS horror story here.

I submitted an visa application for both the wife and myself two weeks ago. I (foolishly) paid for FedEx services for both applications via CKGS.

My wife's application was approved/sorted/sent within 5 business days. However, my application has been held by CKGS for the past week because they believed that I did not pay for a courier service; they expect me to pick it up from their New York office. After submitting receipts for the FedEx service twice, I have yet to get a response from their Dispatch team.

So, I should have followed everyone's advice by putting an FedEx Return envelope with my application. Has anyone else ran into this experience before?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.