Wiki Posts
Search

Hyd -Taj Krishna or ITC Kakatiya

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

Hyd -Taj Krishna or ITC Kakatiya

Hello everyone,

I have followed this site for a wee while now and have finally registered. So, very soon I am taking my wife and kids to meet my grandfather in Hyderabad India. I will be travelling with my son 7, infant daughter and my wife none of whom have been to India before.

While I have been to India I have never stayed at a Hotel in Hyderabad. We are potentially looking at 3 options Marriott, ITC Kakatiya and Taj Krishna unless someone adds another name into the mix. Our family visits will be towards Secunderabad and I am weary of time spent in traffic in peak summer.

Ideally a property that has something for the 7 yr old, quality dining options and spacious rooms for the adults to stay sane while the kids run a muck.

Do folks suggest

Mariott Courtyard -- Suite??

Taj Krishna ---- Deluxe room??

ITC Kakatiya ---- Towers Room??

I am starting to lose my mind as almost all venue have great to average reviews for the money spent coupled with travellers pics..tripadvisor really has got me confused to I turn to you seasoned campaigners.

I just cant afford to have a over worked nagging wife hating her first trip to India.

Help
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i can't comment on marriott as i have never stayed there....i usually try to stay at spg properties so my property of choice is the itc in hyderabad....having said that, you can't really go wrong with the taj....if you don't care about status then just go with taj....
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
OK - I've actually lived in Hyderabad for over a decade, and since then, I've stayed both at the Marriott and the Courtyard.

Those two are very nice, new hotels, kind of in the middle of lower tank bund road / within easy view of the buddha statue so bang in the middle of the city, equidistant from hyderabad / secunderabad.

The taj krishna is one of the oldest hotels in Hyderabad, and for some reason was a holiday inn in the mid 90s. It still isn't bad - substantially refurb'd - but still quite a drive from secunderabad. This is just up the road from the Punjagutta cross roads so you have about 10..13 km to go before secunderabad (anand theater, paradise ..) starts. Even farther if you're talking about say Gunrock Enclave, Marredpally etc.

So where do your relatives live? Secunderabad proper has the Taj Tristar, which isn't part of the Taj Group, it is an affiliate of the Taj Mahal hotel in Abids. This one is right opposite the clock tower in sec'bad - and says it is 3 star but looks pretty decent. http://www.timesquare.co.in/
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
With little kids, a suite would probably be your best bet, although the ITC will likely be closest to your destination.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your input. My family is spread over Secunderabad, Marrendpally and Safilguda mostly. I am looking to book a rental car for the duration so distance within reason is covered.

I just noticed Park Hyatt is offering a family deal ( king room with a seperate room for kids/interleading doors) at 9K INR/night which has added to the dilemma.

In an ideal world hotel will be very clean with quality standards/service and accesible to malls and other sights.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:55 pm

Park Hyatt is in Banjara Hills like the Taj Krishna. If you don't mind about 70..80 minutes worth of driving to reach those parts of sec'bad, everything's fine. That deal does sound very good. Else the marriott is substantially closer.

As for the car look at merucabs.com rather than using a hotel limo - far better / cheaper.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:57 pm

As for malls, Banjara Hills road #1 has about 5 or 6 malls next to each other, and there's plenty more. Banjara Hills / Punjagutta etc are also reasonably central - within an ok drive from hyderabad attractions as well (golconda fort / charminar / the abids sunday morning pavement market for second hand books ..)

Dammit, now I will have to go plan a trip to Hyderabad, been months since I was last there. Thanks, man.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
The Courtyard is a pretty decent option. Largish rooms and it's relatively new (bout 4 years old). Shares some facilities with the older Marriott which is just across the road (and connected via a skybridge if i'm not mistaken).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.