Wiki Posts
Search

help! need visa quickly

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

help! need visa quickly

I'm going to India in 4 weeks and out of the country elsewhere on march 7. That means I need to get my visa and passport back 3 weeks from now.

I have been calling (no answer) and emailing bls to better understand the process but no real answers.

I did the online application but next appointment was march 3 which wouldn't give enough time to get the passport back. I asked if I could walk in on Tuesday without an appointment and they said no. If I mail, I don't think I'll get my passport back before march 7. Though I probably would get it in time for India ( but then I'm screwed in my other trip cuz I won't have a passport)

I'm not familiar w visa processes but am begging for help. Thx!!!!!
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by iflyuaaa
I'm going to India in 4 weeks and out of the country elsewhere on march 7. That means I need to get my visa and passport back 3 weeks from now.

I have been calling (no answer) and emailing bls to better understand the process but no real answers.

I did the online application but next appointment was march 3 which wouldn't give enough time to get the passport back. I asked if I could walk in on Tuesday without an appointment and they said no. If I mail, I don't think I'll get my passport back before march 7. Though I probably would get it in time for India ( but then I'm screwed in my other trip cuz I won't have a passport)

I'm not familiar w visa processes but am begging for help. Thx!!!!!
There's an option to pay $100 expedited processing, which means your visa would be available later same day or next day if you have an onsite appointment; I don't know how it works via mail. You may have to ask for it. FWIW, my visa was available 3 days after my appt, though I wouldn't count on that.

However, this all applies to american citizens at a US BLS center. My british friend was told three weeks and it's three weeks on Tuesday and he still hasn't heard anything, cutting it quite close for his trip.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...residents.html
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Originally Posted by nemme99
There's an option to pay $100 expedited processing, which means your visa would be available later same day or next day if you have an onsite appointment; I don't know how it works via mail. You may have to ask for it. FWIW, my visa was available 3 days after my appt, though I wouldn't count on that.

However, this all applies to american citizens at a US BLS center. My british friend was told three weeks and it's three weeks on Tuesday and he still hasn't heard anything, cutting it quite close for his trip.
That expedited processing is not fast... its slow I used it last year they took one month to get my passport back with a visa. Its better if you go in person.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:08 am

I just got a multi-year multi-entry business visa in a week. Evidently, the threat of getting replaced lit a fire under BLS, as 2 other coworkers had the same speedy service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.