Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

transit visa necessary for international connection in mumbai?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

transit visa necessary for international connection in mumbai?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DEL has similar facilities, should be no issue at all.

As far as convincing CMB goes just make up a PNR with the details to show. Often the various GDS don't talk to each other so its not unusual for agents not to see the continuing flight in their system @:-)

Just look up 'Amadeus Passenger Name Record pdf' in google for some samples.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
DEL has similar facilities, should be no issue at all.

As far as convincing CMB goes just make up a PNR with the details to show. Often the various GDS don't talk to each other so its not unusual for agents not to see the continuing flight in their system @:-)

Just look up 'Amadeus Passenger Name Record pdf' in google for some samples.
Excellent. Thanks Oliver.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Excellent. Thanks Oliver.
You are going to fly AI DEL-ORD. Cant wait for that report.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Indeed, looking forward to the TR
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:24 am

Until the day that you get caught doing this and wind up in a jail charged with espionage or some other stupid knee-jerk charge.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Until the day that you get caught doing this and wind up in a jail charged with espionage or some other stupid knee-jerk charge.
Or face an immigration officer who happens to lift his knee just as you bend down to pick some papers he dropped
Old Jul 16, 2014, 10:40 am

Or face an immigration officer who happens to lift his knee just as you bend down to pick some papers he dropped
That kinda stuff doesn't happen in India thankfully.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:30 pm

visa or not?

I am flying with Emirates Airline from AMS via DXB to MOM. Next flight is with Iran Air to IKA Tehran 5 hours later. Do I need a Visa. I think I have to go through immigration to pick up my baggage and check in for the Iran Air flight. What do you think? As far as I know Emirates and Iran Air are no partners ? Is it possible that Emirates will label my baggage throught to IKA ?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:53 am

Check with Emirates if they interline with IR, then they should be able to check your bag thru. If that is possible, then you don't need to arrange a visa. If not, then you need a transit visa.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 6:04 am

Thank you for your answer. I will ask Emirates if this is possible otherwise I have to go through immigration. In other words, don't like the whole Visa business and pay for a couple of hours. What is the difference between a transit visa and a normal visa. Can I get a transit visa at Mumbay airport ?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by firstclasslad
Given the new terminal, I’m not sure if anyone has any experience on this… but here goes: I’m flying LHR-BOM with BA in May. I need to catch a connecting Jet Airways flight to Colombo (on a separate ticket) same day. BA have told me they can’t guarantee they’ll check luggage through as it’s on a separate ticket. There is still a chance but as visa on arrival is not an option in Mumbai (UK passport) I think I’ll need a Transit Visa.

Is there a transfer desk on arrival in Mumbai, where I can show them my BOM-CMB boarding pass and they can direct my luggae from BA plane onto the Jet Airways? This avoids me from having to get Transits visas (£66 each) for me and my family. Any advice welcome
@ Firstclasslad, how did the transit go? Please share your experience, I am planning to do the same route and really dont want to get the transit visa. Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by caravelle10B3
Thank you for your answer. I will ask Emirates if this is possible otherwise I have to go through immigration. In other words, don't like the whole Visa business and pay for a couple of hours. What is the difference between a transit visa and a normal visa. Can I get a transit visa at Mumbay airport ?
Transit visa are often cheaper than a regular tourist visa. No you cannot get a transit visa on arrival, unless you are a citizen of the countries with a VOA scheme: http://mha1.nic.in/foreigDiv/TourVisa.html Note that a TVOA takes about an hour to be issued on arrival.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Hi All-

Bit of an interesting situation.

I'm flying AUH-BOM landing around 3am. I'm connecting at 11pm to SIN on a separate ticket which gives around a 20 hour layover. Ideally I'd not like to have to obtain a visa, and just go straight back through to the international terminal. A couple of question:

1) Do you think it will be a problem trying to go through international transfers a full 20 hours before my next flight?

2) Will there be any issues leaving AUH without a visa in my passport, as my BOM-SIN flight is on a separate itinerary?

Cheers Everyone,

Acrbag

Last edited by Gabrca; Feb 14, 2015 at 9:57 am
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Acrbag
Hi All-

Bit of an interesting situation.

I'm flying AUH-BOM landing around 3am. I'm connecting at 11pm to SIN on a separate ticket which gives around a 20 hour layover. Ideally I'd not like to have to obtain a visa, and just go straight back through to the international terminal. A couple of question:

1) Do you think it will be a problem trying to go through international transfers a full 20 hours before my next flight?

2) Will there be any issues leaving AUH without a visa in my passport, as my BOM-SIN flight is on a separate itinerary?

Cheers Everyone,

Acrbag
20 hours in BOM? Ugh...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: TK Elite
Can I confirm that I don't need a visa if transiting through BOM? SIN to DXB on SQ and EK, no interlining and only a carry on. 6hr transit time.

Many thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.