Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-BOM -- any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG
LAX-BOM -- any suggestions?

Will most likely be traveling to Mumbai this September/October. Been looking to fly economy (with the greatest amount of legroom) or premium economy. Found Korean Air has the best seat pitch, but also been finding good premium economy deals on Air France and Turkish Airlines. Anyone flown this route before? Any suggestions on carriers to look into?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
You have plenty of one-stop options. BA via LHR; EK via DXB; CX via HKG; KE via ICN; UA via EWR and so on. I can't comment on legroom in Y, and will defer to others on that score.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rdlncl
also been finding good premium economy deals on Air France and Turkish Airlines.
i don't believe premium economy is offered on the ist-bom route on turkish airlines....
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, SPG
Irfan23, Those definitely haresome good options! Just need legroom as im 6'3"... Always the kicker for me.

And Keyser, i think you are right. The 333 for the IST-BOM leg doesnt have PE on any seatmap, yet every site it's offered on it still shows up as being in a PE section and not Y. At least their Y is apparently 33" opposed to many other airlines' 31"

Anyone have any other suggestions?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 5:52 am

This might not exactly be what you're looking for, but you could do SQ to NRT on A380. And ANA from NRT to BOM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.