FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   Long Term Parking in Delhi (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/1234720-long-term-parking-delhi.html)

Whizkid Jul 8, 2011 12:54 am

Long Term Parking in Delhi

Is any one aware of long term parking in Delhi (Near the Airport or Airport Metro Line)?

I'm looking for a parking spot for a Week when I fly out of DEL. I took a look at the parking rates at DEL T3 and it works out to be 3K INR.

Any pointers would be helpful. Thanks.

Keyser Jul 9, 2011 4:02 am

i don't recall there being a good long term parking option anywhere else....but a friend of mine once left his car for a couple of days at one of the metro station parking lots....he simply told them he was leaving the car there for 2 days & negotiated a rate....

shiv666 Jul 17, 2011 2:33 am

3k doesnt sound that bad. Most European airports charge that much for a day.

Whizkid Jul 27, 2011 2:50 am

Originally Posted by shiv666 (Post 16742183)
3k doesnt sound that bad. Most European airports charge that much for a day.

Humm.. my Flight to MAA itself is around 3K INR. So paying parking equal to the actual flight cost is High in my view.

I would have liked a remote / Long term parking lot as in US airports.

GUWonder Jul 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Whizkid (Post 16805282)
Humm.. my Flight to MAA itself is around 3K INR. So paying parking equal to the actual flight cost is High in my view.

I would have liked a remote / Long term parking lot as in US airports.

Park in a residential neighborhood on the street and take a radio taxi to the airport?

hserus Aug 1, 2011 6:18 am

and find the car minus its hubcaps and stereo by the time you're back (or at the very least covered with bird droppings) :)

Leave your car at home and take public transport like the man said

Whizkid Aug 1, 2011 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by hserus (Post 16836100)
and find the car minus its hubcaps and stereo by the time you're back (or at the very least covered with bird droppings) :)

Leave your car at home and take public transport like the man said

I wanted to take the public transport - that's why I was looking for a option near the Metro line.

well - I live at 4 Hrs Drive from DEL - so thought of driving to Delhi and taking a flight from there.

Yaatri Aug 1, 2011 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Whizkid (Post 16841327)
I wanted to take the public transport - that's why I was looking for a option near the Metro line.

well - I live at 4 Hrs Drive from DEL - so thought of driving to Delhi and taking a flight from there.

If you have the option of parking at a friend's or a relative's place, park there and take a taxi. Or take a train to NDLS and take airport metro from there.

Ram dinesh Oct 19, 2017 1:41 am

Parking service facilities in New Delhi International Airport

Yes, there is parking service facilities in New Delhi International Airport. We can also Book it Online in their Website. The Parking charges for the first 24 hours are Rs 700, for the next 24 hours is Rs 500 and for the subsequent days it is Rs 400.

RamDinesh Oct 20, 2017 1:41 am

Parking service facilities in New Delhi International Airport

Yes, there is parking service facilities in New Delhi International Airport. We can also Book it Online in their website. The Parking charges for the first 24 hours are Rs 700, for the next 24 hours is Rs 500 and for the subsequent days it is Rs 400.