Wiki Posts
Search

Delhi airport hotel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Delhi airport hotel recommendations

Need help recommending a hotel for my mum who is going to Dheli. She is only staying one night but want to book her something decent that will be easy to get to and from the airport. I saw Radisson Blu has a hotel there, which I know are nice in Europe but not sure who they fair in Asia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2011, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by sjd2
Need help recommending a hotel for my mum who is going to Dheli. She is only staying one night but want to book her something decent that will be easy to get to and from the airport. I saw Radisson Blu has a hotel there, which I know are nice in Europe but not sure who they fair in Asia.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I can recommend the Radisson highly. They met me at the airport and provided transportation (in a rather cramped car) to and from the hotel. I booked a club room and found the staff to be uniformly friendly. Food was good. My room was very musty, but they have been remodeled since my stay. I would return.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 4:04 am

Only downside: like most all five-stars in Delhi, it's around US$400/night at last check.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 8:10 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Please follow this in the India forum.

l'etoile
sr. moderator
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Read this post for information on the new Eaton Smart Transit Hotel at the Delhi airport Terminal T3.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
For your mother if you dont use the Smart transit hotel, the Radisson is the best choice She will also be picked up by a uniformed driver with a signboard bearing her name who will speak English The hotel is a 1-10min drive from the terminal It is a fully equipped 5 star. Full international buffet breakfast normally included or room service on payment Pool..gym... multilingual staff....etc...

By the way standards in top end hotels in India (all brands) are way better than in Europe or the US Expect more not less
Old Apr 22, 2011, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rathin100
By the way standards in top end hotels in India (all brands) are way better than in Europe or the US Expect more not less
well said....
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
I stayed at the Leela Kempinski Hotel in Gurgaon which is pretty neat. They also arranged a pick up from the airport. It is also expensive but we got a Honeywell corporate rate that includes the pick up and drop. A BA gold card entitles a free upgrade.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by jahason
I stayed at the Leela Kempinski Hotel in Gurgaon which is pretty neat. They also arranged a pick up from the airport. It is also expensive but we got a Honeywell corporate rate that includes the pick up and drop. A BA gold card entitles a free upgrade.
if its only a question of spending the night then the radisson is much closer & is also often cheaper than the leela....
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
if its only a question of spending the night then the radisson is much closer & is also often cheaper than the leela....
And there are plenty of smaller hotels - there's an Ibis that's perfectly adequate and certainly at a better standard than the cheap 80 euro Ibis motels you get in France. And a holiday inn / holiday inn express too, right?
Old May 5, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
If it's not rush hour, the Westin Gurgaon is pretty quick to get to from the airport. Not strictly an airport hotel, but very nice and new.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
If it's not rush hour, the Westin Gurgaon is pretty quick to get to from the airport. Not strictly an airport hotel, but very nice and new.
also expensive....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.