Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Hyderabad HYD. Flying into from UA Asia connection.

Old Mar 15, 2011, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

Well. Of all things I need to be in HYD for a meeting. I would prefer to come in after having flown in the area on UA. I see TG has a flight from BKK. Anyone have experience like this with suggestions? Any comments appreciated. Thank you.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 12:08 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
HYD is a nice (and brand new) airport - but rather far from the city. Just hop out and catch a meru or easycabs taxi - aircon radio cabs with digital meters, no worries. Budget about an hour or hour and a half for travel on your return trip, based on where your hotel is.

If you have any specifics, please ask - I used to live in HYD for about 15 years.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Well. Of all things I need to be in HYD for a meeting. I would prefer to come in after having flown in the area on UA. I see TG has a flight from BKK. Anyone have experience like this with suggestions? Any comments appreciated. Thank you.
i've flown tg to india before but never to hyd....decent enough flight....can't think of anything wrong....

i really like the hyd airport....in fact i would probably call it one of the best airports in india....
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you. Still looking for connection into HYD airports serviced by UA.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Thank you. Still looking for connection into HYD airports serviced by UA.
Not sure what you are asking for.

UA does not fly to HYD (as you probably already know).

If you want to fly on Star Alliance partners:
TG flies from BKK on certain days of the week to HYD
LH flies from FRA to HYD every day of the week

SQ does not have service to HYD; But MI does; MI flights will not earn EQM's on UA.

EK flies to HYD from DXB every day of the week. EK flights will not earn EQM's but will earn RDM's on UA.

Last edited by snod08; Mar 16, 2011 at 7:45 am
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Those types of options are what I was looking for.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:45 am

Thank you. Those types of options are what I was looking for.
Ok great.!
Old Mar 16, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by snod08
:
If you want to fly on Star Alliance partners:
TG flies from BKK on certain days of the week to HYD
LH flies from FRA to HYD every day of the week

SQ does not have service to HYD; But MI does; MI flights will not earn EQM's on UA.

EK flies to HYD from DXB every day of the week. EK flights will not earn EQM's but will earn RDM's on UA.

TG flies to HYD 5 days a week &
LH flies to HYD 3 days a week.

Other option is to fly into DEL which has lot of star options and then take a domestic flight to HYD.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for that also. I was not seeing everyday flights.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 6:17 am

Yes, thanks for the info on the LH flights. HYD airport website was showing every day flights. LH.com showed what Colts_01 said.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'd recommend LH. Their schedule is very convenient. Arriving to HYD in the late night, so you can catch some sleep before your meeting and hopefully adjust to timezone. Also leaving in the night - so you can get done with your business for the day and not rush to airport.

At some point I researched Asia/Pacific connections from West Coast, but they all involved long layovers. Not sure if this changed recently
Old Apr 14, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club
How's the weather in HYD right now? I'm going to be there end of April for 3 weeks for a family wedding..and I've never been to HYD in the peak of summer..so a little nervous/excited.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by chicagodesi
How's the weather in HYD right now? I'm going to be there end of April for 3 weeks for a family wedding..and I've never been to HYD in the peak of summer..so a little nervous/excited.
Well, its the hottest time of the year. The temperature will be approaching +40C
Old Apr 19, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
I've flown from FRA, SIN, and BKK. Usually from the US we fly through FRA. If also combining with a trip to China, would connect through SIN or BKK (massage at BKK if you fly business or first class). Some of my colleagues now recommed connecting through Dubai if departing from the east coast--they like spending the night in a hotel in Dubai rather than flying back to back long legs as required by the Frankfurt connection. Another possiblity opened up by the merger is to fly EWR to DEL and then connect--that routing may be in my future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.