Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Pune?

Where to stay in Pune?

Old Dec 16, 2010, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Question Where to stay in Pune?

Hi,

Will be travelling to Pune (first time ) with few friends (5 adults + 2 children) next week for 2 nights

Please can someone recommend quality hotel within budget around 8K INR?

TIA,

Last edited by Mighty Scot; Dec 16, 2010 at 7:53 pm
Old Dec 17, 2010, 3:46 am

Depends on what part of pune you want to be in.

Centrally located are Best Western Pride and Taj Blue Diamond. Taj is old and tired and under extensive remodeling. If you want to splurge there is a new Hyatt in pune and as Le Meridien as well. I am partial to Hyatt properties.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
stay away from blue diamond....it used to be very nice but has gone downhill over the last few years....

i normally stay at the le méridien....you should get that for under 8k....
Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GfL
Has the Meridien been updated in the last few years? The last time I stayed there was about three years ago and it was showing its age (all too common for Indian hotels, most egregiously in the Taj group). I would go with the Hyatt--they have done a great job on their Mumbai properties.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Has the Meridien been updated in the last few years? The last time I stayed there was about three years ago and it was showing its age (all too common for Indian hotels, most egregiously in the Taj group). I would go with the Hyatt--they have done a great job on their Mumbai properties.
i believe there was some renovation that took place a couple of years ago at the le méridien....
Old Dec 17, 2010, 11:40 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Great property!
Old Dec 18, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I rather like this property - centrally located (and just down the road from the Blue Nile, which is a restaurant you really must not miss, if you visit Pune)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...harashtra.html

A bit cheaper than 8K INR - that's in the 5 to 6 K fare bucket I think.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:26 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by yosithezet
The Westin is great. ABC farms which has 5 - 6 different restaurants is right next door. Stone Water Grill and Hard Rock Cafe are less than a 5 minute drive away.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Bump.

Can I get one of you to revisit this discussion? I'm going to be in Pune for two nights (arrive by air late on a Friday from Delhi; depart by train early on a Sunday to Bombay). I'm SPG Gold and so am choosing between Westin & Le Meridien. Any strong preferences? Also, price isn't an issue so is there somewhere else I should consider as well?

I'd also love up-to-date restaurant reccos.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irfan23
Bump.

Can I get one of you to revisit this discussion? I'm going to be in Pune for two nights (arrive by air late on a Friday from Delhi; depart by train early on a Sunday to Bombay). I'm SPG Gold and so am choosing between Westin & Le Meridien. Any strong preferences? Also, price isn't an issue so is there somewhere else I should consider as well?

Thanks in advance.
i like both properties....the westin is a newer property though so you could try that....
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
i like both properties....the westin is a newer property though so you could try that....
Thanks, sir. I appreciate the response.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by irfan23
Bump.

Thanks in advance.
I'd pick either the Hyatt or the Westin http://pune.regency.hyatt.com/hyatt/...index.jsp?null

As far as restaurants go do you want to eat any specific type of cuisine?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Bump: Updated thoughts?

I'd like to bump this thread and see what the current thinking is on where to stay in Pune? I know there is now a JW Marriott and Hyatt Regency in addition to the properties that were discussed back in 2011. i'm only going to be in town for one evening, and don't have any significant level of status with any of the contenders, so I'm trying to determine where i'm most likely to have a comfortable stay (a nice breakfast never hurts either). Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:19 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
There are several decent hotels near the airport, such as a Novotel. Any of them should suit you just fine.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'd like to bump this thread and see what the current thinking is on where to stay in Pune? I know there is now a JW Marriott and Hyatt Regency in addition to the properties that were discussed back in 2011. i'm only going to be in town for one evening, and don't have any significant level of status with any of the contenders, so I'm trying to determine where i'm most likely to have a comfortable stay (a nice breakfast never hurts either). Thanks!
Really depends on the area you would be staying in. Commute from one end of city to the other can easily take ~ 2 hours.
I live here and still sometimes stay in hotels if I have to take an early flight in the morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.