Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

NJ-Mumbai-Hyd - there isn't a single flight after continental flight arrives at night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NJ-Mumbai-Hyd - there isn't a single flight after continental flight arrives at night

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Hi,
WE're flying continental from NJ to Mumbai and final destination is hyderabad.our flight arrives at 9.40 pm .there are no flights after we arrive to go to Hyd. any slolution ? we need to spend the entire night at the airport?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
There are such things as hotels, you know ...
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:08 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by sgirglani
Hi,
WE're flying continental from NJ to Mumbai and final destination is hyderabad.our flight arrives at 9.40 pm .there are no flights after we arrive to go to Hyd. any slolution ? we need to spend the entire night at the airport?
Would suggest you stay in any hotel.. the lounge is not worth it specially if you plan to spend the whole night there..
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

India has the most inconveniently timed flights of anywhere that I have ever been.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by troyb
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.732 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

India has the most inconveniently timed flights of anywhere that I have ever been.
Well, you cant blame a whole country just because airline companies choose schedules as they like. Surely the Indian people did not decide airline schedules.

As far as the OP, if you want to connect same day:
Choose Air India from JFK to DEL non-stop. It arrives at DEL by 430PM. You definitely can find a same-day HYD connection.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by troyb

Am not aware of many intl airports which have many domestic connections after 10.00 Pm.. try landing in FRA/CDG/VIE/MUC at that time of night and taking onward connections even to schengen countries and you will understand what I mean..
Also, many schedules are made as per local govt regulations and thats one of the reasons most European/American airlines reach India late night AFAIK..
Connections are made by airlines as per demand etc and a good example of this is the late night flights ( around 3Am) started by 9W/KF etc for pax arriving in BOM and connecting to BLR...

Originally Posted by snod08
Well, you cant blame a whole country just because airline companies choose schedules as they like. Surely the Indian people did not decide airline schedules.

As far as the OP, if you want to connect same day:
Choose Air India from JFK to DEL non-stop. It arrives at DEL by 430PM. You definitely can find a same-day HYD connection.
+1
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by sgirglani
Hi,
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Would suggest you stay in any hotel.. the lounge is not worth it specially if you plan to spend the whole night there..
welcome to ft sgirglani....

you won't get access to the lounge in any case since the check-in counters open a few hours before the first flight....

go through a few other threads here & in the 'airlines of india' forum & you will find options for a bunch of good hotels nearby....
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:14 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Fly LH then.

I just flew CO ZRH-EWR in a 767 in C with the old seats, and it was horrible.

Recently I was given a choice by a *A airline to route EWR-BOM on CO, and once I took a look at the seatmap (old seats again on the 772-LR), I was willing to route via another US city to get either LH/UA/LX/OS in C or F!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA GLD
Keep in mind that the international flights now land in T3. so you will have to change terminals to get the domestic connection.

Thread for transiting
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...el-merged.html

Last edited by Bence_Coronation; Oct 22, 2010 at 3:42 pm Reason: added link
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Bence_Coronation
Keep in mind that the international flights now land in T3. so you will have to change terminals to get the domestic connection.

Thread for transiting
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...el-merged.html
all domestic flights are supposed to move to the new t3 by the end of this month....
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Fly LH then.

I just flew CO ZRH-EWR in a 767 in C with the old seats, and it was horrible.

Recently I was given a choice by a *A airline to route EWR-BOM on CO, and once I took a look at the seatmap (old seats again on the 772-LR), I was willing to route via another US city to get either LH/UA/LX/OS in C or F!
we're frequent flyer with CO and have upgraded to business first so hopefully it won't be bad .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.