OCI Visa and travel to Pakistan or Nepal.

Subscribe
Hi all,

I'm an Australian passport holder, and have the OCI visa which i've used a couple of times. Looking at future travel plans i was hoping to visit both Pakistan and Nepal, and was considering the implications the OCI might have on these plans.

a) Has anyone heard of issues with either getting a visa for, or travelling in Pakistan when one's passport contains an Indian OCI visa?

b) As Indian nationals can enter Nepal with only an ID document, ergo no passport or visa, might i theoretically be able to do the same, showing my OCI card and in-passport visa?

Many thanks,
afterDawn
Quote: Hi all,

I'm an Australian passport holder, and have the OCI visa which i've used a couple of times. Looking at future travel plans i was hoping to visit both Pakistan and Nepal, and was considering the implications the OCI might have on these plans.

a) Has anyone heard of issues with either getting a visa for, or travelling in Pakistan when one's passport contains an Indian OCI visa?

b) As Indian nationals can enter Nepal with only an ID document, ergo no passport or visa, might i theoretically be able to do the same, showing my OCI card and in-passport visa?

Many thanks,
afterDawn
a) Pakistan routinely grants visas to persons with such passports. The current US President is but one of many people who in private capacity had India issue him a visa on a US passport with a Pakistani visa nearly 20 years ago. Regional tourism still does occur in much the same manner.

b) Getting a visa on arrival in Nepal is a rather ordinary process, but a passport is required.
Quote: b) As Indian nationals can enter Nepal with only an ID document, ergo no passport or visa, might i theoretically be able to do the same, showing my OCI card and in-passport visa?

Many thanks,
afterDawn
No. You are no longer an Indian national.

You will need to use your Australian passport to enter Nepal, and your OCI status should have no bearing on your admissability to Nepal. Nepal does allow Australian citizens to obtain a visa on arrival, and if you are planning on flying into KTM, you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.
To enter Nepal won't be a problem as you can get a visa on arrival. Or if you have some sort of Indian ID from earlier such as PAN Card or Voters id from when you lived in India you can just show that in which case you won't require a visa.

I called the pakistani emabssy in Kathamndu and they said that you can apply for the visa here but it may be reffered to the Pakistani emabssy in Australia. Maybe easier just to get the visa for Pakistan in Australia itself.