Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
"First visuals of Delhi's new airport terminal"

First visuals of Delhi's new airport terminal:
http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/2066.html?from=tn
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:23 am
Suspended

If you want to be overdosed with video of the airport, and an interview with GMR the guy whose company won the bid to build T3 and can stand bad accent, here are two links. It goes to show, one can succeed in India without command of English.

IGI Airport T3 Part I

IGI Airport T3 Part II
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Yaatri
It goes to show, one can succeed in India without command of English.
very true....
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by aktchi
Some nice pics !
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:37 am

Programs: NZ , QF , MK
Originally Posted by aktchi

I wonder why most of the aircraft in the artists impression ( the first image ) are CX aircraft ? One would think that the terminal was going to be in HKG rather than DEL
Old Jun 24, 2010, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
The first picture is actually an artists impression of what Hyderabad or Bangalore airport will look like with extensions. Ive seen that picture about 3 years ago in a magazine.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:33 am
Suspended

Talking Now you can wait in restrooms with WiFi instead of waitingn in a lounge at DEL

It's just different usage, but to someone living in the U.S. it sounds funny. The spokesman has used rest rooms to mean room in a transit hotel and the lounge to mean the waiting area beside the gate.

[QUOTE"Earlier, either the passenger had to leave the airport or had to wait for long hours in the waiting lounge. Now, the rest rooms for such passengers have been constructed to ease their tiring journey," said a DIAL official. [/QUOTE]

Air commuters to relax in peace and stay connected in 100 restrooms with Wi-Fi
Now these are hi-tech rest rooms. Wi-Fi when you are holding your wee-wee, makes me think of some interesting possibilities.

Hey I am not making fun of Indians, just having fun with different usages., like when you ask for a rubber in the U.S.?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
What's the road like to get one to the new airport..??

Last edited by quarryking; Jun 24, 2010 at 9:50 pm
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
The road is good - there's a long, long bridge (about 11 kilometers) that you get onto almost as soon as you exit the airport grounds (which is a few kilometers by itself) before you get into the city - around the mehdipatnam area. Which means if you are staying in a hotel in Banjara Hills (like the Taj Krishna or Taj Deccan) its about an hours drive or more.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by hserus
The road is good - there's a long, long bridge (about 11 kilometers) that you get onto almost as soon as you exit the airport grounds (which is a few kilometers by itself) before you get into the city - around the mehdipatnam area. Which means if you are staying in a hotel in Banjara Hills (like the Taj Krishna or Taj Deccan) its about an hours drive or more.
I guess quarryking was asking abt the road to the new T3 terminal in DEL.. The road is quite good, but can get busy during the peak times.. but its not far from south delhi .. To most parts of south / central delhi, you should be able to reach in anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on traffic and exact location)..
Old Jun 25, 2010, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Is it still due to opening in the first week of July? Am flying around the second week so looking forward to it. Any ideas if 9W or any other airline has a dedicated lounge there now?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:04 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Some more pictures...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...7635824&ref=mf
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:24 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I guess quarryking was asking abt the road to the new T3 terminal in DEL.. The road is quite good, but can get busy during the peak times.. but its not far from south delhi .. To most parts of south / central delhi, you should be able to reach in anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on traffic and exact location)..
Yup...was asking with regard to delhi..
Old Jun 25, 2010, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
flying back to delhi early next week so will just miss out on the new airport....don't have any international travel scheduled for the next couple of months so i guess i'll have to wait a bit before i can check out the new airport....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 7:48 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by saad
....don't have any international travel scheduled for the next couple of months so i guess i'll have to wait a bit before i can check out the new airport....
no clients in foreign lands suing each other or someone .. this is bad.. seems the downturn is there even for the law folks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.