Getting a TV to India - Customs Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting a TV to India - Customs Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SaDiK
Indian airport customs how much they are charging 42" led TV
there have been a number of threads this year about bringing tvs to india....search & you shall find your answer....
Old Aug 9, 2012, 2:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
pretty much everything is allowed if you are willing to pay the duty....
Yep.

Originally Posted by SaDiK
Indian airport customs how much they are charging 42" led TV
They will check their list prices as per Indian Customs and then calculate the duty, less your exemption. (One pax only, as 2 pax exemptions cannot be combined/clubbed together)

A year ago they were letting in everything under 32" - anything larger and they would then go in for the kill...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 3:55 am

Lightbulb Customs duty on LED & LCD TV on Delhi international airport

Hello everybody,

Too so many Indians who are traveling abroad wants to import some of electronics stuff back to India. Most of them worry about the custom duty to be paid on Delhi international airport as we aren't aware with current rules & regulation.

Its would be an honor to give some sort of assurance through this thread for duty payout on Delhi international airport for taking electronic items say LCD or LED while moving back to India.

According to the latest customs duty payout there is no duty (extra charge) for 32 inch LED/LCD up to 25000 Rs & for 40 inch LED/LCD up to 35000 Rs. Is this correct?

If anybody has faced any problem with regards to 40 inch LED/LCD up to 35000 on Delhi international airport or want everybody to bring up to date information please reply to the thread.

Question to everybody,

1. What is the duty for LED/LCD which aren't 32 or 40 inch? Say 42 inch. Does it imply to same 40 inch LED/LCD up to 35000.

2.What about the business visa, as I am sure that this custom's tariff's (25000 & 35000) applies on the tourist visa but not to business visa. Am i correct? Then what is the tariff's for business visa?

Ayesha
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...t=import+india

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...t=import+india
Old Sep 27, 2012, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft ayeshaarora....oliver2002 has mentioned some good threads to go through....but at the end of the day the saving is hardly substantial enough to justify the trouble of carrying a tv from another country to india....
Old Sep 28, 2012, 5:44 am

Arrow Custom duty calculator for imporing electronic goods to India

Hi Oliver, Hi Keyser

After going through the threads, i believe there are so many changes as on date.

I came across very good link to calculate the duty allowance for the import goods. Don't know until what extent is right? Can you pls comment on that.

http://globaltaxguru.in/Indiatimes-2/#

Ayesha
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:27 pm

Hi Ayesha
the website ws very easy to calculate the custom duty but I doubt on it.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:09 pm

getting a tv to india duty charged by india for 40" sony/samsung LED tv from saudi arabia
Old Dec 11, 2012, 4:31 am

Help sony led kdl-40hx750 bringing from bahrain to india

Hello sir

if i bringing sony led kdl-40hx750 t.v of 40 inc from behrain to mumbai air port want should i pay customs in lndian rupees please tell.

price in behrain - 379 bhd = rs 55000

price in india- rs 78000

plz tell me airway custom tax
Old Dec 28, 2012, 5:59 pm

Hello I am Travelling to india (Hyderabad) on Jan 10th 2013 from China . I am Carrying a Sony Bravia 40 Inch LED TV . i Have few Questions in Mind :-
1. I am Travelling With Malaysian Airlines ,Will the Air Lines Allow me to Take TV as Hand Carry in Flight (Tv Weight 10Kgs)
2. If not , Will they Proper take Care of TV ??
3. I heard TV Prices in india upto 35,000 are not Taxable . But Sony Bravia 40 Inch is About 50,000 in India . So How Much Tax i need to Pay ? What is the Method of Calculation .
Will Appreciate your Replies ~ Thank You
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jawadkha
Hello I am Travelling to india (Hyderabad) on Jan 10th 2013 from China . I am Carrying a Sony Bravia 40ex430 40 Inch LED TV . i Have few Questions in Mind :-
1. I am Travelling With Malaysian Airlines ,Will the Air Lines Allow me to Take TV as Hand Carry in Flight (Tv Weight 10Kgs)
2. If not , Will they Proper take Care of TV ??
3. I heard TV Prices in india upto 35,000 Rs are not Taxable . But Sony Bravia 40 Inch is About 50,000 Rs in India . So How Much Tax i need to Pay ? What is the Method of Calculation .
Will Appreciate your Replies ~ Thank You
#1: I can't imagine any airline allowing you to take a 40" TV as a carry-on, unless maybe if you buy it its own seat. And probably not even then. Have you checked the airline's website to see their carry-on size limits?

#2: Doubtful. I wouldn't risk it.

#3: Sorry, no idea.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From their website:

Each piece must not exceed the following dimensions: 56cm x 36cm x 23 cm (115cm total)
Carry-on baggage must be stowed underneath the seat in front of the passenger or in the overhead compartment.
Unless your TV is foldable, there is no way that it meets these requirements.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Skyman65
From their website:

Unless your TV is foldable, there is no way that it meets these requirements.
Thanks for the Reply-- But I am Looking forwards About Indian Custom Duty and the Method of Calculation . How Much Amount Should i Pay
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:21 am

Its ok Thanks for your Suggestions/Opinions . But you Can Clear my Doubt on Custom Duty . I want to know how much do i Need to pay
Old Dec 29, 2012, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

please post your questions on a thread that already exists....starting a new thread just leads to more work for the mods....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...-question.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.