Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Getting a TV to India - Customs Question

Getting a TV to India - Customs Question

Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:57 am

Custom Officers have their own price list on which they will apply 36% of the price to derive the duty price. The price list is obtained from a Vendor of each country. For e.g Dubai - Lullu, Singapore - XX etc
They also deduct the seller profit etc to derive a final price of a TV and having a big Price List for various models. However they have summarized price for 32 39 42 inch TVs for LG Philips, Toshiba etc and special summarized price for Sony/Samsung - 32, 39, 42 42 and above

Here I am listing the duty paid by me and our friends, at Chennai airport based on various models
32 and 39 inch LG TVs - Paid Rs 5400
42 LG TV - Paid Rs.9000

Sony 48 TV - Paind 16000 ( bargained to 14000 )

Hope this helps

On Warranty::
- LG Service - worst. LG does not have any policy on Customer Service and by passing the control to local service centre whom never responds/pickup the call For e, g I asked for the details on AMC for imported TVs, no one answered properly or never picked up. i.e LG International warranty is useless in India ( may be they support for a year only )
- For Sony and Samsung, you can go for Jumbo warranty a private warranty provider for any imported models

Regards
Sunil
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:07 pm

Customs duty for LED tv

Hi,

I am a resident of Dubai. I am carrying a 49 inches Samsung LED tv as a gift to my parents in Bangalore, India. Can anyone please let me know what would be the duty charged for the tv? I had purchased the tv in October 2015, but taking it to India only now. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, Mileage Plus, OneWorld, Qatar Airways Privilage Club
Originally Posted by sindhuja04
Hi,

I am a resident of Dubai. I am carrying a 49 inches Samsung LED tv as a gift to my parents in Bangalore, India. Can anyone please let me know what would be the duty charged for the tv? I had purchased the tv in October 2015, but taking it to India only now. Any information would be helpful.
Thanks.
Id like to know too, how are customs experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.