Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

India visa-on-arrival for tourists from 5 countries [merged]

India visa-on-arrival for tourists from 5 countries [merged]

Old Aug 11, 2014, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Atleast now, they have removed the requirement of landing cards for Indian citizens..^
^^
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Visa on arrival for UK citizens - when?

Does anyone know when VOA is scheduled to be extended to other countries? I'm interested particularly in UK. I seem to recall it was supposedly due to be introduced in autumn 2014 but I haven't been able to find an update.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
October as far as I heard. I wont hold my breath till I see the notification gazetted.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fripperies
Does anyone know when VOA is scheduled to be extended to other countries? I'm interested particularly in UK. I seem to recall it was supposedly due to be introduced in autumn 2014 but I haven't been able to find an update.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to be good for you this fall. October is what had been stated as a target to get it in place for the upcoming peak tourism season. Doubt it happens so soon for UK citizens.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given the Indian government has even this summer been ordering and paying for more outsourced visa processing offices and is pushing out more fingerprint scanners to these offices, it seems this government is the same model of "efficiency" as the previous ones. Hopefully this doesn't mean they slow down th visa-on-arrival expansion.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Recent news reports say this will start next week and phase in countries over two years. USA is in the first phase that allegedly starts this month.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Recent news reports say this will start next week and phase in countries over two years. USA is in the first phase that allegedly starts this month.
This is great news... Can you please link it here also where you get this news from. Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:03 pm
CDO
Suspended

I am little confused as some websites say Italy has VOA (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/india...es-537884.html) and other's say no (like wikipedia). Any ideas?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by CDO
I am little confused as some websites say Italy has VOA (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/india...es-537884.html) and other's say no (like wikipedia). Any ideas?
As of 2 weeks ago, no VoA for Italians (much to the chagrin of an Italian colleague who was hoping to do a short trip to India over the holidays).
Old Jan 3, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: 9W, HH, Taj, Air India
See this link to the new ETA program for citizens of 43 countries visiting India

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
Old Jan 3, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by MumbaiGuy101
See this link to the new ETA program for citizens of 43 countries visiting India

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

Visa on Arrival Facility is available for holders of passport of following countries
Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Djibouti, Fiji, Finland, Germany, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Laos, Luxembourg, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Myanmar, Nauru, New Zealand,
Niue Island, Norway, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands,Thailand, Tonga, Tuvalu, UAE, Ukraine, USA, Vanuatu, Vietnam.

Eligibility
International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation , sight seeing , casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
Tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) fee is US$ 60/- per passenger excluding interchange charge for credit/debit cards.The fee must be paid 4 days before the expected date of travel filled by you otherwise application will not be processed.
Tourist Visa On Arrival (TVoA) is allowed for a maximum of two visits in a calendar year.
That seems quite useful - what does "casual business" mean?
Old Jan 4, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by paulwuk
That seems quite useful - what does "casual business" mean?
As in you're just going to india for a meeting or something of the sort, and aren't engaged in any activity for which you're being paid or involves being employed in india. Kind of like what a US B1 visa lets you do.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The VOA scheme for the 12 countries on arrival has now been cancelled effective 27JAN2015, and pax are requested to use the ETA system.

http://boi.gov.in/content/discontinu...ppines-finland

Discontinuation of manual TVoA to 12 Nationals namely (Japan, Singapore, Philippines, Finland, Luxembourg , New Zealand , Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia and South Korea) w.e.f. 27.01.15
Government of India has introduced online TVoA -ETA for 43 countries on 27.11.2014. The manual Visa on arrival available for 12 countries namely (Japan, Singapore, Philippines, Finland, Luxembourg , New Zealand , Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia and South Korea) will be discontinued w.e.f. 27.01.2015. The applicants of these countries may apply online for TVoA - ETA through https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:36 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The VOA scheme for the 12 countries on arrival has now been cancelled effective 27JAN2015, and pax are requested to use the ETA system.
And with that, we can close this thread.

Please feel free to discuss the ETA system and experiences with it in a new thread.

Thanks,
AJLondon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.