BLR hotel near airport? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BLR hotel near airport? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Personally I would (and always do when there) stay where I want to stay and take the extra 20-30 min in a cab at that time of day.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by silvergirl
Personally I would (and always do when there) stay where I want to stay and take the extra 20-30 min in a cab at that time of day.
After looking at the options, I'm inclined to stay in the MG road area. I haven't been to Bengaluru -- do you think we should allot 1.5 hours for taxi to the airport at 8 a.m. from MG road?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
After looking at the options, I'm inclined to stay in the MG road area. I haven't been to Bengaluru -- do you think we should allot 1.5 hours for taxi to the airport at 8 a.m. from MG road?
1.5 hours for sure. 2 hours is even better. Traffic can be totally crazy.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by snod08
Thanks for the info. Thirty minutes is one thing, but 2 hours is another. We won't have much time in Bangalore -- we arrive by rail in the late afternoon and leave the next day from the airport. I was thinking of staying in the MG road area because it appears to be a relatively pleasant area with good restaurant options. But if there are other similar areas that would allow quicker access to the airport, please let me know. Still, I think I would prefer to stay in Bangalore rather than in some isolated hotel next to the airport.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts
Thanks for the info. Thirty minutes is one thing, but 2 hours is another. We won't have much time in Bangalore -- we arrive by rail in the late afternoon and leave the next day from the airport. I was thinking of staying in the MG road area because it appears to be a relatively pleasant area with good restaurant options. But if there are other similar areas that would allow quicker access to the airport, please let me know. Still, I think I would prefer to stay in Bangalore rather than in some isolated hotel next to the airport.
There is almost nothing to do near the Bangalore airport...
Stay in MG road area and enjoy the dining / shopping. You will be a lot happier.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:21 pm

That's way too pessimistic (for 8AM). You can get to the airport in under 1hr at that time.

Originally Posted by snod08
Old May 31, 2013, 2:04 am

Any updates

Are there now any convenient hotels for the airport suitable for a 7 hour layover? I'm arriving at 01:00 and departing 08:00 domestic....
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: Nada!
Did you find one? I have the same issue in 2 weeks. The President looks ok and close.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by malgudi
That's way too pessimistic (for 8AM). You can get to the airport in under 1hr at that time.
1 hour should be good in the morning....
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas
Did you find one? I have the same issue in 2 weeks. The President looks ok and close.
There's a new Movenpick Hotel, which claims to be the nearest hotel to the airport.

http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/...lore/overview/
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
You have to ignore the Google map they have embedded on their location page though; that's definitely not where the hotel is, unless they have invented a time-space wormhole.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Has anyone stayed at the Movenpick? I'm possibly in BLR for two nights at the end of next week. I would really rather be as close as possible to the airport (I'm just flying in and out, two days in a row), but the only room available at Clarks Exotica is the Presidential Suite at INR 30,000/night!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Silver
Stayed for a night last week and it was Good. Room was a decent size and everything worked as it should.

They've recently opened up a lot of the motorway/highway from BLR airport to the city and this has drastically reduced travel times.

Arriving at god awful o'clock on BA119 and the hotel driver managed to get from BLR to the Movenpick in 30 mins with a heavy right foot.

Having stayed at a few places out toward the airport / north side of town the Movenpick is a good option.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GfL
Thanks for that. Aggravatingly, while I'm going to be arriving at and leaving from BLR, I have found that I need to be staying near the old airport (HAL) in order to take a private flight out and back during my stay. So I'm booked at the Leela Palace, which I guess is pretty deserted these days, given that the bulk of air traffic has moved to BLR. I need to get to the Leela from BLR at about 10:30 PM when I get into town, and be back there for the 8 AM BA 118 on my way out, but hopefully the traffic will be light at those hours.

How is it that there are no high-end chain properties near BLR? The airport's been open for years!
Old Feb 9, 2014, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 6+ MM, AC, DL (MM) & LT SC; All Airlines 10+MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by travelmad478
How is it that there are no high-end chain properties near BLR? The airport's been open for years!
For that matter, with the exception of BOM, there are very few high end properties near any of the airports in India. DEL & MAA do have a Radisson near each but I'd not put them as very high end properties. MAA has a new Hilton in Guindy albeit not that very close to be considered an airport hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.