Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 09, 9:52 am   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Jet Privilege - New Tier/Earning/Elite Structures

Just got a mailing from JP:

"Dear SuperFlyBoy,

Change marks the beginning of a new journey! Here's welcoming you on board a whole new JetPrivilege, with new features and benefits.

Refreshing new look!
The JetPrivilege membership card, redesigned with a new look, will be sent to you when your tier status is changed or renewed. Along with the new card, 2 new baggage tags will also be enclosed in your membership pack.

Tier Points instead of Flight Counts
Towards recognizing your flights across our 3 cabin types: First Class, Première and Economy, we are pleased to introduce Tier Points in-lieu of 1 Flight Count. Tier Points will be based on the sector booked i.e. domestic or international, and the cabin booked i.e. First Class, Première or Economy. For details, please click here.

Tier Points and Tier JPMiles on JetLite
JetLite flights will now be considered for tier status. And this benefit comes with retrospective effect!
JetLite flights undertaken in the last 2 years will be counted for tier upgrade for membership tier reviewed from September 11, 2009.

Retro-active credit of Tier Points and Tier JPMiles
The programme change comes with immediate effect! All Jet Airways, Jet Airways Konnect, JetLite and Jet Airways codeshare flights undertaken in the last 2 years, will be considered as per the new Tier Points / Tier JPMiles structure for all membership tiers reviewed from September 11, 2009.

Consequently, should you qualify for a tier upgrade or renewal; your membership status will be changed accordingly.

Revised Dynamic Tier Review
The Tier Points/Tier JPMiles required under the 18 and 24-month time frames have been reduced for easier tier renewal. For details, please click here.

Transfer of JPMiles
Effective September 14, 2009, transfer JPMiles to family and friends! Transfer of JPMiles is available at Rs. 200 for each block of 500 JPMiles and multiples of 500 thereon. For details, please click here.

Revised upgrade voucher issuance
Platinum, Gold and Silver members will be awarded 5, 3 and 1 upgrade voucher(s) respectively, when the Tier Points / Tier JPMiles required for an upgrade or renewal are completed.

However, in case of tier status changing to the lower tier, upgrade vouchers will be awarded as per the Tier Points / Tier JPMiles earned for either Gold or Silver tier renewal.

My Dashboard
Personalise your Jet Airways and JetPrivilege space to suit your tastes and preferences!
My Dashboard is available in the logged-in area under JetPrivilege - My Account section. You can customise the space with a choice of 18 widgets in accordance to the most frequently used on-line service features. For details, please click here.

Make the most with over 65 Programme Partners which represent some of the leading names in airlines, hotels, car rentals, banking, telecommunication, entertainment, lifestyle and retail.

We do hope that these programme changes will benefit you and enhance your experience with Jet Airways.

Yours sincerely
For Jet Airways (India) Ltd.

Rahul Kucheria
General Manager - Relationship Marketing

For details, please click here.
"

Hopefully this makes it easier - but I do not think it will make it easier for me, particularily.

Pretty stupid move in light of the JetKonnect bs, which caused the flight of most 9w elites over to Kingfisher, and now the pilot strike.

I think they might have even *increased* the DTR (Dynamic Tier Requirements) when flying using miles!

Nice new Plat card though - they have *finally* figured out how to make Plat more distinctive!

This weekend is when the JP systems shut down and they re-evaluate everyone's tier, based on the prior 2 years of flights...

Hara-kiri anyone? (Based on today's TOI article in their BOM print edition)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 10, 09 at 9:58 am.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 09, 11:13 am   #2
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: All over India
Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Posts: 814
The good, the bad and the ugly !

I got this mail too, and I believe this has been in the air for a while now. Yes, the new design of cards is good, definitely better than before where from a distance, plat didn't seem different from silver. Some observations

a. JetKonnect is also eligible for tier count/miles

b. Tier count, as opposed to flight count, depends on class of travel so it is DEFINITELY easier to retain status/upgrade . Also, my recollection is that flight count wasn't given earlier for codeshare/partner airlines (could be wrong), but tier count is given credit for now

c. A quick look says miles required for status retention/upgrade are possible lower than before (could be wrong on some counts here, though)

d. Good thing that you can transfer miles to other JP members , but restricted to only 4 such transfers in a calendar year for Plat and Gold, and twice for other tiers

e. Its only the Jetlite flights that qualify for back-dated tier count/miles, not 9W or JetKonnect (or many J and F flights would have qualified for a higher value of tier count!)

But what a date for the changes to come into effect - September 11 !!!!!
__________________
Upgrade or die trying
aniruddh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 09, 11:40 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddh77 View Post
I got this mail too, and I believe this has been in the air for a while now. Yes, the new design of cards is good, definitely better than before where from a distance, plat didn't seem different from silver. Some observations

a. JetKonnect is also eligible for tier count/miles

b. Tier count, as opposed to flight count, depends on class of travel so it is DEFINITELY easier to retain status/upgrade . Also, my recollection is that flight count wasn't given earlier for codeshare/partner airlines (could be wrong), but tier count is given credit for now
Don't quite understand this - they are also allowing partner airlines to credit as TPs?? (Oh, this is only for code-shares!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddh77 View Post
c. A quick look says miles required for status retention/upgrade are possible lower than before (could be wrong on some counts here, though)
It looks like Gold -> Plat is higher @45 sectors/TPs or 67500 miles!!

I think this is unacceptable, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddh77 View Post
d. Good thing that you can transfer miles to other JP members , but restricted to only 4 such transfers in a calendar year for Plat and Gold, and twice for other tiers
In my opinion, Jet miles aren't that valuable, but might be useful to some...effective rate is Rs. 0.40/- per mile (US$ 0.008 or 1 cent) to transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddh77 View Post
e. Its only the Jetlite flights that qualify for back-dated tier count/miles, not 9W or JetKonnect (or many J and F flights would have qualified for a higher value of tier count!)
Really?? They never would give you credit for JetKonnect flights?? Oh man!

I've never been on a JetLite or JetKonnect a/c and I hope that I never will - no need for that unless it's an emergency!

But what a date for the changes to come into effect - September 11 !!!!! [/quote]Oh man!

I gather that this was the hint being given to me about a month ago by Jet...they weren't letting the cat out of the bag - thought it was only an OptionTown thing coming into play...
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 09, 3:15 am   #4
Moderator, El Al and Starwood Preferred Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: LY, AA LT GLD, TG*G, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, IC, BA, DL, UA*G
Posts: 9,132
I should have dropped to Silver last month but as of last week my account was still showing Gold. It will be interesting to see what my account looks like when the maintenance is over and the site is back up. Can't wait to see what I need in order to get back up to Gold. I may start crediting outside of the 9W program as I didn't see all that much benefit to the Gold status besides lounges. I didn't even get a chance to use my upgrade certs since I didn't fly 9W as much this year.
__________________
Trip report: Thailand Vacation Mar-Apr '09
Meet other FTers: Starwood, Thailand or Singapore
yosithezet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 09, 4:04 am   #5
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
I should have dropped to Silver last month but as of last week my account was still showing Gold. It will be interesting to see what my account looks like when the maintenance is over and the site is back up. Can't wait to see what I need in order to get back up to Gold. I may start crediting outside of the 9W program as I didn't see all that much benefit to the Gold status besides lounges. I didn't even get a chance to use my upgrade certs since I didn't fly 9W as much this year.
If they make Plat harder to achieve, then I completely skew my travel onto Kingfisher - it's just not worth it with status on Jet if they give us *zero* benefits!

Kingfisher is now flying direct BOM-SIN, BOM-LHR, and it's only going to get better...their abysmal AVOD selections then makes it easier to sleep!
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 09, 4:20 am   #6
Moderator, El Al and Starwood Preferred Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: LY, AA LT GLD, TG*G, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, IC, BA, DL, UA*G
Posts: 9,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
If they make Plat harder to achieve, then I completely skew my travel onto Kingfisher - it's just not worth it with status on Jet if they give us *zero* benefits!

Kingfisher is now flying direct BOM-SIN, BOM-LHR, and it's only going to get better...their abysmal AVOD selections then makes it easier to sleep!
I won't move to IT because their schedule doesn't have what I need typically. I don't fly 9W int'l. I flew them to BKK a few times and came off every flight in pain because of the lack of legroom. I'll stick to TG or others for int'l legs.
__________________
Trip report: Thailand Vacation Mar-Apr '09
Meet other FTers: Starwood, Thailand or Singapore
yosithezet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 09, 4:49 am   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
I won't move to IT because their schedule doesn't have what I need typically.
IT appears fine for me right now - except for the return from SIN, where they are turning around the a/c immediately to BOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
I don't fly 9W int'l. I flew them to BKK a few times and came off every flight in pain because of the lack of legroom. I'll stick to TG or others for int'l legs.
Precisely - 73w internationally really sucks - one time I flew it in Y on the old 737 config from SIN I had to sit sideways!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Sep 13, 09 at 8:39 am.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 2:31 am   #8
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: BA, SQ
Posts: 753
Can't complain too much aright now - just logged into my JP account after seeing this thread and am unexpectadly Silver until October 2010 . I was only 1 flight off this anyway under the old system, and it brings precious few benefits but still...

Just a shame it's taken me 2 and a half years of flying domestically in Y to ahcieve this, with only 6 months or so left in India
__________________
See our new adventures here!
expatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 2:35 am   #9
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatboy View Post
Can't complain too much aright now - just logged into my JP account after seeing this thread and am unexpectadly Silver until October 2010 . I was only 1 flight off this anyway under the old system, and it brings precious few benefits but still...

Just a shame it's taken me 2 and a half years of flying domestically in Y to ahcieve this, with only 6 months or so left in India
Anyone else change? (Mine not recalculated yet, apparently - still showing the old message as unavailable)

Is it me, or have the requirements gone up tremendously??
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 2:51 am   #10
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BNE
Programs: BA, SQ
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Anyone else change? (Mine not recalculated yet, apparently - still showing the old message as unavailable)

Is it me, or have the requirements gone up tremendously??
You could try clearing the cache and all those other standard IT remedies when something doesn't work . I hadn't logged in for ages.

Haven't bothered to work out the new requirements...as I was so close to promotion anyway it's unclear how much sooner I'd have made Silver under this new regime.
__________________
See our new adventures here!
expatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 3:15 am   #11
Moderator, El Al and Starwood Preferred Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: LY, AA LT GLD, TG*G, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, IC, BA, DL, UA*G
Posts: 9,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatboy View Post
Can't complain too much aright now - just logged into my JP account after seeing this thread and am unexpectadly Silver until October 2010 . I was only 1 flight off this anyway under the old system, and it brings precious few benefits but still...

Just a shame it's taken me 2 and a half years of flying domestically in Y to ahcieve this, with only 6 months or so left in India
I've dropped to Silver until Sept 2010. I can't seem to find a way to see what I need to do in order to get back to Gold. That was one of the great things about the old site. Something I'm missing.
__________________
Trip report: Thailand Vacation Mar-Apr '09
Meet other FTers: Starwood, Thailand or Singapore
yosithezet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 9:34 am   #12
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
I've dropped to Silver until Sept 2010. I can't seem to find a way to see what I need to do in order to get back to Gold. That was one of the great things about the old site. Something I'm missing.
That was called the "Dynamic Tier Review".

Wondering if you dropped now or before the recalculation, from 11-14 Sept?

I think they are still working on this, so maybe it's not complete...
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 10:12 pm   #13
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: All over India
Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Posts: 814
Something fishy, but good !

A couple of things about the new JP structure and system are intriguing. For example, I just noticed that my 12-month cycle for tier evaluation has been extended by a month. Also, what showed a week back as requiring 9 more flights for tier retention till 19 Sep, now says 1 flight required by 19 Oct (this is the one month thing that I'm referring to). I know they backworked 2 years' worth of Jetlite travel, but the funny thing is I have only traveled once on Jet lite in that period, and that was 2 weeks back.

Does anyone have a clue about what's happening? Or did I (as usual) not read things properly?
__________________
Upgrade or die trying
aniruddh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 11:01 pm   #14
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,070
Yes, I was correct - they have upped the requirements for Plat.

I think I am going over to IT. (Well, now very seriously considering this - have to get their AmEx first)

I gather we can still get NW/DL EQM's on IT, correct?
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 09, 11:12 pm   #15
Moderator, El Al and Starwood Preferred Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: SIN
Programs: LY, AA LT GLD, TG*G, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, IC, BA, DL, UA*G
Posts: 9,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniruddh77 View Post
Also, what showed a week back as requiring 9 more flights for tier retention till 19 Sep, now says 1 flight required by 19 Oct (this is the one month thing that I'm referring to).
What are you clicking on to see that you need just 1 more flight?
__________________
Trip report: Thailand Vacation Mar-Apr '09
Meet other FTers: Starwood, Thailand or Singapore
yosithezet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 pm.