Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Transit Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
OT: Transit Visa

Would a Bengali flying LHR-DEL-DAC on one ticket need a transit visa if remaining airside?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Old Jul 1, 2009, 8:36 pm

It depends on citizenship. ("Bengali" is an ethnic and/or linguistic classification, not indicative of nationality.)

Ok, Ok, I assume you are in fact Bangladeshi. I don't think you need an Indian visa...it is certainly possible to transit airside in DEL. But don't take my word for it, or that of anyone here. It's your a*s on the line, so check with official sources.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:31 pm

The best source would NOT be the airline, but rather the local embassy or government authority involved. (Or so I say from my experiences). In other words, I have been screwed over by an airline's advice before, so I wouldn't bet my life on things to pan out or be as they say.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 9:33 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Silver, IHC Plat, HERTZ gold, GF Gold, SAS Silver
http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...formation.aspx Is a great link on the EK website, it is connected to the embassies - plug in Nationality, destination and transit points and it will tell you what visas etc you need.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:17 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Would a Bengali flying LHR-DEL-DAC on one ticket need a transit visa if remaining airside?

Thanks!
Cheers,
Assuming you are traveling on a Bangladeshi passport, this is what timatic has to say

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti...buser=DELTAB2C

Also, if you are indeed traveling on a Bangladeshi passport and transiting via India, forget timatic and contact the nearest Indian consulate to get clear information. Bear in mind citizens traveling on passports of certain neighbouring countries do attract more scrutiny from passport control / immigration at the Airport.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
no transit visa required as long as its intl to intl transit.

LHR-DEL-DAC is a popular route for Bangladeshis, Jet are a credible alternative to the middle east carriers and blow away Biman!

Ive seen thousands of bangladesh passports on the 9W route and none have an indian visa of any sort!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.