Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HDFC World credit card with wrong JetPrivilege number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

I have a Jet Privelage HDFC World Credit Card , and notice that my JP number on it is wrong. Number of calls to the customer care have not given any help and always end up saying system is down, call later.
My JP number is not being corrected and all my spends are not converting to JP miles-- I am afraid they are going to some other account probably a mischief by someone at HDFC credit card , diverting my JP miles to his account
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:35 pm

And your question is?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
ashok.ongc, welcome to Flyertalk.

Please follow the redirect to your query.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Many times a bank will create a new frequent flyer account rather than link to the one you supplied on the application. This could happen if you make an error entering the number on the application, or if your name and address do not exactly match. I would contact JetPrivilege to see if they can link your credit card to the correct account, and merge in any points which may have been credited incorrectly.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by mia
Many times a bank will create a new frequent flyer account rather than link to the one you supplied on the application. This could happen if you make an error entering the number on the application, or if your name and address do not exactly match. I would contact JetPrivilege to see if they can link your credit card to the correct account, and merge in any points which may have been credited incorrectly.
JP will not do anything - its HDFC Bank's responsibility. Send them a email and escalate to nodal authority.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I had a similar issue with my Jet HDFC debit card, I simply applied for a new debit card online with my correct number and once I got the new card, asked Jet to merge the accounts (they did it in 2-3 days).

In your case, it's probably a little more complicated. Have you called Jet to confirm if the number on your card is actually a account on your name or someone else?

If it's on your name, you have an option of asking JP to merge your accounts into new account. If you have status etc with Jet, please confirm that all that will carry over to new account before merging. If Jet can't carry over the status, ask HDFC to issue a new card with correct JP account (this is probably easier) and then merge new account to old one.

If the account on your card is someone else's account, that is probably a bigger problem and you will have to escalate with HDFC.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Similar issue happened to me as well. They have created a new one since i only provided the number to them. At the time of card approval they generated new JP number for me and sent the card. When i requested they wanted see the copy of my JP card and when i sent that one they have updated my account and sent me a new card. it is frustrating but no other option given.

ICICI is better in this regard. I upgraded my platinum to Jet card and they have taken my JP number in phone and everything was smooth.

Connect with HDFC and sort it out. Although you may have to use their snail paced physical mailing system.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
same thing happened to my wife....they created a new jp account for her even though she had clearly mentioned her jp details when she filled out the form....a complaint to jet led them to merge both the accounts....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.