Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Seeking Advice: On Air India staff ticket, bumped from J after seated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seeking Advice: On Air India staff ticket, bumped from J after seated

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by vishesh
I'm frankly pretty surprised that you presume to know what happened when you weren't actually there. I never said that the re-seating happened before the door was closed. You should read my post more carefully before going off on a righteously indignant rant. Who are you, anyway, to say that this case "certainly deserves no compensation of any kind"?
certainly deserves no compensation of any kind = No basis for a complaint, similar to what Oliver and others have said. You got what you paid for, and hence no basis for complaint or sympathy.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
As far as the airline is concerned, your mother and father are two individual passengers with no connection. Maybe if they were on the same PNR there would be a case here.

Also what kind of compensation are you hoping for anyway? Your father purchased a gate upgrade and flew business class as usual.

Last edited by AJLondon; Aug 7, 2017 at 5:13 am Reason: Mod edit - removed off topic remark.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:12 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
All - let's please keep the discussion civil and avoid getting personal as well as adhere to the FT ToS, and keep this forum friendly and welcoming.

Thanks,
AJLondon
Mod IbA
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by vishesh
AI's policy is that once a SOL ticket is confirmed, it "will not be allotted to any other revenue passenger." (See here: http://intranet.airindia.in/data/int...egulations.pdf) My dad was booked on the same flight, also economy, but on a paid ticket (separate PNR/ticket #). At the gate, AI staff confirmed my mom on an upgrade to J, and she got a J boarding pass.
Section 6 (j) of the document states "With flights overbooked to full aircraft
capacity, Air lndia staff maybe upgraded or downgraded, subject to requirement as it is convenient to Upgrade or Downgrade Al employee..

Basically what may have happened is either the seat was given to a revenue paying pax (correct choice) or to another staff /relative who had stronger "contacts"..

As other have said in this post, AI is infamous for doing the opposite, so this time it seems to have done something which is ideal for the airline (if it sold the upgrade).. but yeah could definitely have been handled in a better way at the gates..
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Hi there,

I do feel for your mom that for a short time, her hopes were raised
and then had to go back to economy..But having said that..
1. She got the seat that she was entitled to
2. She should consider herself fortunate that she has a free ticket based
on her brother being an employee. I do not know any other loss making
airline having such benefits...
3. Your dad purchased his own upgrade so it is not relevant

F.A.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:07 am

Now, one can see why AI can never be profitable.
- free ticket based on brother being staff??
- non-rev staff ticket "confirmed" in advance?
- shunting fare paying rev pax to favor non-rev relatives???

While AI is best airline for senior citizens' point of view, cant wait for it to be sold to some foreign company/investors who can straighten out staff/union. Sense of entitlement is unbelievable.
flyalways likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.