Search

Jet - BluePlus to Silver upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Jet
Jet - BluePlus to Silver upgrade?

Jet Privilege -

Do I need to accumulate BOTH Tier Points as well as Tier Miles to upgrade to silver from BluePlus or is accumulating one is enough? For the last 12 months I have 17 Tier points, and only about 3K Tier miles. So if I take 3 flights, will I get upgraded to Silver or do I also need to accumulate an additional 26k tier miles?
Old Jul 13, 2017, 9:30 am

It's either tier points or tier miles. And it's not always just one tier point per flight. Depending on what fare class you book, you could get up to three points for a single leg in economy. (Of course, those fares are much more expensive than the deal fares that earn one tier point.)
Old Jul 13, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by L_D_M
It's either tier points or tier miles. And it's not always just one tier point per flight. Depending on what fare class you book, you could get up to three points for a single leg in economy. (Of course, those fares are much more expensive than the deal fares that earn one tier point.)
That's great - thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Depending on what fare class you book, you could get up to three points for a single leg in economy.
just did this last month to get my wife bumped up to gold....she was 3 tier points short & one flight in l class from del-vns turned out to be cheaper than 3 regular economy tickets....she doesn't fly too often so there was a good chance she would not have made the other 2 flights in time to get gold status....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
just did this last month to get my wife bumped up to gold....she was 3 tier points short & one flight in l class from del-vns turned out to be cheaper than 3 regular economy tickets....she doesn't fly too often so there was a good chance she would not have made the other 2 flights in time to get gold status....
That's great! Regarding the upgrade vouchers that you get after upgrading-which domestic routes in India are most VFM when upgrading to Premier with a voucher?

I'm one tier point short of upgrading to silver now and I've already undertaken two flights on 18 July, but the tierpoints/miles have not yet been credited to my account yet. Previously I used to get miles posted to my account within 24-48 hours. And yes I had quoted JP Number at the time of checkin and got it printed on the boarding pass too! The flights that I took on 17th July were credited almost the next day.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:36 am
Original Poster

And also I had another question - How long does it take to receive the new card by post?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lookinguptothesky
That's great! Regarding the upgrade vouchers that you get after upgrading-which domestic routes in India are most VFM when upgrading to Premier with a voucher?
it all depends....i don't use the vouchers on domestic flights as i hardly ever find them of good value....

I'm one tier point short of upgrading to silver now and I've already undertaken two flights on 18 July, but the tierpoints/miles have not yet been credited to my account yet. Previously I used to get miles posted to my account within 24-48 hours. And yes I had quoted JP Number at the time of checkin and got it printed on the boarding pass too! The flights that I took on 17th July were credited almost the next day.
in my experience, if the miles don't post after 3 days then they won't post on their own & you will have to follow up....
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And also I had another question - How long does it take to receive the new card by post?
you should get it within a month....
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:25 am

I tend to use my vouchers on flights around 2 hours or more. BOM-DEL on a late evening and a busy day for example

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.