Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Connecting to AI on separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold

Arriving on NRT-DEL JL749 on 24 Dec arriving at 18:20 in C and would like to go to Mumbai. I'm debating whether to book the 21:00 flight or 23:10 flight to BOM. Will be flying Y to BOM but have *G. Since both flights are international continuations (21:00 goes on to EWR, 23:10 comes from ICN/HKG), would I board in the international terminal or the domestic one? Do I clear immigration in BOM if I can convince JL to tag to my AI flight?

Later in the trip, arriving on AI in DEL from BOM at 23:15 (also an international continuation; flight continues to JFK but I don't want to). Family members arriving on LX146 at 00:35 of next morning. Is there somewhere I can wait for them? I have PP and there seems to be an arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Arriving on NRT-DEL JL749 on 24 Dec arriving at 18:20 in C and would like to go to Mumbai. I'm debating whether to book the 21:00 flight or 23:10 flight to BOM. Will be flying Y to BOM but have *G. Since both flights are international continuations (21:00 goes on to EWR, 23:10 comes from ICN/HKG), would I board in the international terminal or the domestic one? Do I clear immigration in BOM if I can convince JL to tag to my AI flight?
i would be surprised if jl agreed to tag your bags all the way to bom on separate tickets....

if your flight is on time then you would have no problem catching the 21:00 flight to bom....if it gets delayed then you are in danger of missing that connection....ideally it shouldn't take you more than an hour from the time you land to the time you make it to the check-in desk for your next flight....

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Later in the trip, arriving on AI in DEL from BOM at 23:15 (also an international continuation; flight continues to JFK but I don't want to). Family members arriving on LX146 at 00:35 of next morning. Is there somewhere I can wait for them? I have PP and there seems to be an arrivals lounge.
the arrivals lounge is after you exit baggage claim....pp will get you into the lounge but you will have limited access to it....they have a separate siting area for pp members & you don't get access to the full lounge or its facilities....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.