Chicago - Delhi (Air India)

Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Chicago - Delhi (Air India)

Hi,

I would like to know if the baggages checked in at Chicago is directly transferred to Coimbatore, India. I was told that if it is less than 6 hour lay over flight it is automatically transferred but I have a ticket that has a 14 hour layover in Delhi. Can someone help me?

Thank you!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 10:22 am

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "directly transferred". Are you on one ticket from Chicago to Coimbatore? Or separate tickets? Is the Delhi to Coimbatore flight on Air India or another carrier? Either way, you have to claim your bags in Delhi and go through immigration and customs there. You then need to check-in your bags to Coimbatore. Some airlines (Air India is one) have domestic flights from the International Airport but for other airlines you need to transfer to the Domestic Airport. Some have transfer desks where you can check the bags in at the International and some do not. So a lot of it depends on which airline the connection is with. Also if it's not on the same ticket, the domestic flight will have a significantly lower baggage allowance so that is also something to be aware of.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by harieshojb92
Hi,

I would like to know if the baggages checked in at Chicago is directly transferred to Coimbatore, India. I was told that if it is less than 6 hour lay over flight it is automatically transferred but I have a ticket that has a 14 hour layover in Delhi. Can someone help me?

Thank you!
are you on one through ticket or on 2 different pnrs????the answer to your question will differ based on this information....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.