Search

Indian OTA Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Indian OTA Recommendations

Been trying to book a multicity itinerary with a variety of india based ota's but the one which prices it correctly (yatra) doesn't accept international cards. I have tried makemytrip,yatra,amex travel, Cox and kings. Any other OTA with multi city options or a travel agent recommendation would be much appreciated!
​​​
Old May 1, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ashkale
Been trying to book a multicity itinerary with a variety of india based ota's but the one which prices it correctly (yatra) doesn't accept international cards. I have tried makemytrip,yatra,amex travel, Cox and kings. Any other OTA with multi city options or a travel agent recommendation would be much appreciated!
​​​
Have you tried calling make my trip or goibibo?
Old May 1, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
I recently just went ahead and booked on the various airlines' websites to put together a multi city. Make My Trip was having trouble completing transactions.

Since I've rarely (never to be exact) found it cheaper to consolidate travel on one airline while in India, I picked the most convenient times and prices on MMT and booked them on the airlines' sites.

My itin included Vistara, SpiceJet, Air Asia and Air India.
Old May 3, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ashkale
​​​
call the others & let them know what you are getting on yatra....they may be able to match that price....if that doesn't work then let me know & i'll pm you the number of the ta my firm uses....
Old May 6, 2017, 8:29 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Have you tried calling make my trip or goibibo?
Thanks- I did the chat option but neither agents were able to price it correctly!
Originally Posted by knit-in
Since I've rarely (never to be exact) found it cheaper to consolidate travel on one airline while in India, I picked the most convenient times and prices on MMT and booked them on the airlines' sites.
This is a multi airline itinerary and not available for ticketing on the stock airline!

Originally Posted by Keyser
call the others & let them know what you are getting on yatra....they may be able to match that price....if that doesn't work then let me know & i'll pm you the number of the ta my firm uses....
Thanks for this! let me call and revert if need help!

Whats the deal with Indian merchants not accepting foreign credit cards? Ran into this problem in Delhi recently too, only Amex worked!
Old May 9, 2017, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Where are you located? If your city has an Indian diaspora, there are probably a few travel agents specializing in the Indian market. Most major US cities have at least one, for example.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:18 am

Advice from all the wonderful experts in India travel:

Yatra is offering a 10% discount on first international booking with them. I'm looking at a Singapore Airlines flight, which is priced ~INR 1600 more on Yatra than on SIA.com. After the discount it is approx INR 6,000 cheaper. Question is, what is the possibility that the Yatra ticket may not earn miles? I plan to credit to AS.

From Yatra, I can't figure what the fare code is. On Singapore, the fare code is D. Change fee on SIA is INR 17,000 while on Yatra, it is INR 21,000 + OTA fees.

Many thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Call Yatra and re-confirm what fare code the flight will book into.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:03 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Personally, unless it is a huge delta (pardon the AVpun!), I always prefer to book directly on the respective airline website. In the unlikely event of changes, irrops etc, as well as upgrade options if needed, it usually makes a huge difference.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Personally, unless it is a huge delta (pardon the AVpun!), I always prefer to book directly on the respective airline website. In the unlikely event of changes, irrops etc, as well as upgrade options if needed, it usually makes a huge difference.
agree completely....the discount has to be really worth my while in order for me to book anywhere except with the airline directly....
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Originally Posted by Keyser
agree completely....the discount has to be really worth my while in order for me to book anywhere except with the airline directly....
I think these were the answers I was looking for. Booked with singaporeair.com

In addition to the significant mileage, the other consideration was that part of this upcoming journey is on the yet to start SQ22, so there is that-- even if the slightest-- risk that some rebooking might be involved depending on the first few months of the flight's performance. The safer choice seemed to go with the airline rather than the OTA.

Many thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Call Yatra and re-confirm what fare code the flight will book into.
Looked into it. Did not call Yatra, but another FTer booked with them and it was also in 'D'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.