Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India - Food/Water/Ice/Fruit/Salad Safe to eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

I am flying First Class on Air India next year, and I have with out a doubt the worst stomach ever, (I now right). I wanted to know a) if the food is safe on Air India to eat - Water, Ice, Fruit, Salad etc? And if anyone has ever ordered the BLAND meal in First Class? (or any class).

Thank you so much!

BrownOwl
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by BrownOwl
I am flying First Class on Air India next year, and I have with out a doubt the worst stomach ever, (I now right). I wanted to know a) if the food is safe on Air India to eat - Water, Ice, Fruit, Salad etc? And if anyone has ever ordered the BLAND meal in First Class? (or any class).

Thank you so much!

BrownOwl
Of course the food in AI is safe to eat - airlines at same airport would be ordering from the same set of caterers.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
hundreds of flights on ai over the last few years & i have never once fallen sick because of the food or water on board....
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:52 pm

Only drink bottle water. Avoid salad and fruit.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:50 pm

Take an electric kettle on board to boil the water, and a knife to peel the fruit. Send the meals back to be reheated, because then they are disinfected. Speak to the FAs in British-accented Hindi, they respect that.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Feb 22, 2017 at 2:19 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:42 am

air food catering

probably as clean and as safe as it gets.

have seen a production facility for airplane food and it was cleaner than some hospital food prep areas i have been to.

i would not worry about getting delhi belly.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, QRPC Gold
I echo the sentiments of others as to the food being safe to eat from a hygiene standpoint - the different types of meals aren't going to have any different standards of hygiene.

However, if your stomach as is weak as you think, some of the more spiced dishes (curries, kebabs, biryani / pulao) might not go down too well if you haven't had them before. In that case, the Bland meal might be a safer alternative.

Ro
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Take an electric kettle on board to boil the water, and a knife to peel the fruit. Make sure the meals are well heated, because then they are disinfected. Speak to the FAs in British-accented Hindi, they respect that.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
AI First Class salad ex DEL in JAN'17...
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.