Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Another (Ongoing) AI Lost Bag Story

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

My family and I have come to India for a 2 week plus holiday.
First few days in Mumbai were great.
Then flew from BOM to UDR on AI yesterday.
Four out of five checked bags made it to UDR; one did not. The one bag with all Mrs. PWO's clothes.
We're in Udaipur for one more night before we move on to Pushkar tomorrow, then Jaipur the next day and so on.
AI staff at UDR said they'd located the bag and that it was 99% likely we'd have our missing bag today on the equivalent flight from BOM, arriving around 1530 local time.
I can update as further facts come in, but for how we're hopeful we have our bag this evening.
That being said, does anyone have good advice on ways to improve our odds, especially if the bag id delayed another day?
Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there is a similar thread below from just a few weeks ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...un-around.html
Old Feb 5, 2017, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Update. The bag was delivered to UDR as almost promised.
Issue appears to have been a back up battery pack that may (or may not) have been a restricted item for checked luggage.
Made it from YUL to IST to BOM no problem, but not from BOM to UDR.
Whatever.
Anyway, all's well that ends well.
UDR Air India staff were fantastic if a bit bureaucratic, but it is India.
We have all our luggage, although no battery pack, and no more flights till we go home.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PWOttawa
Issue appears to have been a back up battery pack that may (or may not) have been a restricted item for checked luggage.
Made it from YUL to IST to BOM no problem, but not from BOM to UDR.
unfortunately this is a problem here in india....they don't allow that in checked in luggage....sometimes they ask you in you have a battery pack in your checked in luggage but most of the times they don't say anything....
Old Feb 5, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
unfortunately this is a problem here in india....they don't allow that in checked in luggage....sometimes they ask you in you have a battery pack in your checked in luggage but most of the times they don't say anything....
i have been asked if I had battery packs in checked bags at many domestic and international checkins in last few months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.