Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Lost bag and Air India is giving the run-around

Lost bag and Air India is giving the run-around

Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Final update. Wrapping it up.

Short version: She got the bag yesterday.

Longer version:
We have no idea where the bag was. She got told the bag was at DEL first. Then she got told the bag was at JFK. She got told 3 days in a row that the bag is here and will be delivered tomorrow. It finally came in on the Jan 21 flight and was delivered on Jan 22 at 7 PM Indian Time.

Bag was untouched.

I finally did manage to talk with someone at JFK last Thursday (Jan 19th US time 11:15 AM) who told me they will try and look for it. They even asked me to describe the contents. All the while the AMD baggage people telling my wife they found the bag and it will be delivered tomorrow morning to your house (that did not actually happen).
My father claims someone from JFK called his cell on Friday evening describing 4 bags and none of them were my wife's. But yet, the next day the AMD baggage guy assured my wife that the bag was being delivered Sat morning which it wasn't.

In the mean while the wedding she went to is done. She never got her clothes in time but she did get them finally.

Now waiting for the wife to fly back and show me the damage she did by "not having all her clothes".
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dvpatel
Now waiting for the wife to fly back and show me the damage she did by "not having all her clothes".
ouch....

glad she finally got the bag though....
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)

I am sure your wife made the best of a bad thing!

Glad it ended well. ^
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium

Congrats
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knit-in
I am sure your wife made the best of a bad thing!
You bet.

Even though the bag in question had no jewelry what so ever, apparently a trip to a jeweler and a purchase was involved. Still no word on the total damage as no word on how many clothes shopping trips were involved. On last word, I heard the jeweler bill was Rs. 1.5 Lacs+

One expensive gate checked bag I tell you.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
You bet.

Even though the bag in question had no jewelry what so ever, apparently a trip to a jeweler and a purchase was involved. Still no word on the total damage as no word on how many clothes shopping trips were involved. On last word, I heard the jeweler bill was Rs. 1.5 Lacs+

One expensive gate checked bag I tell you.
For a woman who arrived at an Indian wedding without any of her schmancy outfits, she may have let you off fairly cheap at that price.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knit-in
For a woman who arrived at an Indian wedding without any of her schmancy outfits, she may have let you off fairly cheap at that price.
May be. May be not.

Like I said. The clothes shopping trips have not been relayed to me. No idea how much the total damage is. I hope its less than half of the jewelry bill but I somehow doubt that I am that lucky.

Old Jan 31, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I wonder which nagging did it

For future use, I wish we could tell where it had been and how it got to its final destination

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.