Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI Third Worst in Performance 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2017, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
AI Third Worst in Performance 2016

Third worst in delays, ahead of El Al and Iceland Air. That must count for something.

Personally though, in my (limited) experience, I have had no serious delays on AI. Other than on account of fog in DEL.

http://www.ndtv.com/world-news/air-i...-world-1646692
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm sure they are glad they didn't end up being the worst....

i've encountered my fair share of delays on ai (not just because of the fog in del)....

Last edited by Keyser; Jan 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
I have been flying around Asia for last few months.

i didn't find AI any worse than most carriers I fly (BA/AA/CX etc).

the biggest problem with AI is the domestic part Lounge to Planes to Service all are horrible.

initially I started routing most of my flights via DEL/BOM as they don't fly to anywhere from BLR. The only reason was because the fly 787s with flatbeds while most regional carriers fly regional jets. Now I have just given up and fly whatever seats I get.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22

the biggest problem with AI is the domestic part Lounge to Planes to Service all are horrible.
Thats the typical IC crew, aircraft and service for you...the original AI (international only) was always a good airline.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Its amazing how the IC/AI divide still exists today.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
I was on a HYD-BOM flight couple months back, upper deck on a 747 that operates JED-HYD-BOM sector; and got chatting to the very friendly (and senior) purser.

We hit a good rapport and I mentioned that none of the A320s on the route receive as good a meal service as the one provided here (multiple drink refills and eat as much as you like). He chuckled, before sidemouthing to me "Of course they won't do this, its an IC aircraft and an IC crew!"

Lol !
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by deovrat
I was on a HYD-BOM flight couple months back, upper deck on a 747 that operates JED-HYD-BOM sector; and got chatting to the very friendly (and senior) purser.

We hit a good rapport and I mentioned that none of the A320s on the route receive as good a meal service as the one provided here (multiple drink refills and eat as much as you like). He chuckled, before sidemouthing to me "Of course they won't do this, its an IC aircraft and an IC crew!"

Lol !
i have heard similar things from AI staff on some international routes.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 9:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I heard IC staff say: 'we bring in the profits, and when a 772LR flies to New York half empty, the profits of a week go out the window' This was when oil was >100$/bl
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I heard IC staff say: 'we bring in the profits, and when a 772LR flies to New York half empty, the profits of a week go out the window' This was when oil was >100$/bl
Whenever I ask someone who arrives in New York how their flight was, 9 times out of 10, I am told it was Full!

Answers may or may not include food was crap, drinks weren't loaded, seat was broken, but that the flight was packed is pretty consistent.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by deovrat
Thats the typical IC crew, aircraft and service for you...the original AI (international only) was always a good airline.
Till they lose your bag that is.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by knit-in
Whenever I ask someone who arrives in New York how their flight was, 9 times out of 10, I am told it was Full!

Answers may or may not include food was crap, drinks weren't loaded, seat was broken, but that the flight was packed is pretty consistent.
maybe in economy its full or pretty close to full but 9 out of 10 times in business i've seen the cabin more than half empty....first either has a single passenger or is empty....
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
....first either has a single passenger or is empty....
Depends how many govt. officials are flying that day!
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by knit-in
Depends how many govt. officials are flying that day!
its typically one (a rare occasion may see 2)....if that official is flying then he/she uses up the seat otherwise the cabin goes empty....
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:32 am

Hence they planned to remove F from most of the 777 fleet in the coming months. But now it looks like the F cabin will remain. AI has floated a tender for supply of leather composite seat covers for the Avio Perseus and Mona Lisa seats fitted in C & F on the 777s:

http://mmd.airindia.co.in/aimmd/tend...812_20161.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.