Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India embargo on award flights thru 15 Jan, but have a UA MP award booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM

.bomb is showing award tickets available on .bomb for Air India next week, but when I called to add a segment, the agent said Air India was embargoing all award flights through 1/15 and even if I had a booked award, Air India would not honor it? Is this possible?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 4:02 pm

I would say it is possible. Even if you book it on .bomb, the partner still has 24 hours to confirm the award space and it sounds like AI wouldn't confirm it.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:54 am
Original Poster

As a data point, I did book and received a ticket number and confirmation - would Air India still not honor the ticket in that case?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by ordogg
As a data point, I did book and received a ticket number and confirmation - would Air India still not honor the ticket in that case?
Have you called Air India to confirm the ticket? If not, that's the first thing you should do. Also you can look at your booking on airindia.com.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ordogg
call ai but don't call them to ask if they will except the ticket or not....just call to block your seat or request a special meal or something similar....if that goes through smoothly then you are good to go....
Old Jan 9, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks - award space opened up on SQ, so I switched to a SQ flight just to avoid any issues
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:21 pm

Still cannot see a single J/F award seat between SFO/EWR/JFK/ORD to India on .bomb nor with AI till december. AI FR call centre people don't have any clue about this.

Wonder whats wrong with AI

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.