Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

need some star alliance miles [ex CDG] to reach [AI] Gold Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2016, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Returns

Hi,

I'm very close to the Gold Status on Star Alliance, I only need 660 miles to reach 50,000 and the Gold Card (on Flying returns Air India) before my current status is expiring (31st of November)...

Do you guys have any ideas of trips I can do this week end (26th of November) to get my 660 missing miles?

Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by theo10; Nov 24, 2016 at 6:01 am Reason: looking for best deals
Old Nov 25, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Where are you based?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure you want to try to do this on LH, given their recent and continuing strikes?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by theo10
Hi,

I'm very close to the Gold Status on Star Alliance, I only need 660 miles to reach 50,000 and the Gold Card (on Flying returns Air India) before my current status is expiring (31st of November)...

Do you guys have any ideas of trips I can do this week end (26th of November) to get my 660 missing miles?

Thank you so much!!!
Welcome to FlyerTalk and the Lufthansa forum, theo10!

There is no such thing as Gold Status on Star Alliance. Each member airline in Star Alliance has its own frequent flyer program (though some airlines such as Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, etc. are part of the same program in this case Miles & More). You will have to tell us in which program you are trying to achieve Gold status. I suspect it is not Miles & More because you don't reach Gold with 50,000 miles.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Didn't the OP make all that clear in his post?
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:31 am

Since you collect on the Air India program you need to make sure how many status miles (or whatever they call them) you get in specific booking classes on other airlines and how many (if any) minimum miles you get.
Each program is different and has its own anomalies (the LH program for example gives less status miles when you fly TK).
You are most likely better off asking your question at a forum which covers Air India.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Assuming that the OP wanted to post the question in the LH forum, I'm guessing that he/she is either based in Germany or visiting and either has some free time or has just realized that the end of the month is coming soon.

If this is the case, my instinct would be to take the train to an airport served by a partner such as OS or LX and try to do a quick trip, perhaps taking advantage of minimum miles earned per segment if his/her own FF program has this feature. I think it's too risky to attempt a last minute MR on LH during their strike.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are you sure you want to try to do this on LH, given their recent and continuing strikes?
Well, he might be in Europe right now.. not much choice but LH GROUP (which this forum is about)

Apart from Lufthansa Main Line, right now the other LH Group airlines aren't striking, so he could book LX (quite good last-minute fares..) or OS, SN, or even LOT (not 4U, as they aren't *A)
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Well, he might be in Europe right now.. not much choice but LH GROUP (which this forum is about)

Apart from Lufthansa Main Line, right now the other LH Group airlines aren't striking, so he could book LX (quite good last-minute fares..) or OS, SN, or even LOT (not 4U, as they aren't *A)
I suggested OS or LX in the post just above yours. My instinct would be to try to take a train to an airport served by one of these carriers and not count on LH group carriers exFRA or exMUC not also being messed up, delayed, badly oversold, etc. due to the LH strike. Since the OP needs miles within a few days, IMO it's too risky to attempt a *A MR from Germany.
Old Nov 27, 2016, 5:05 am
Original Poster

hi guys!

I'm based in Paris, CDG is the closest airport for me

I have something like 49,440 miles and I need 50k to reach the gold status..
I'm very close to it...

I've been thinking of doing a very short trip to Zagreb on Croatia Airlines this Tuesday, to earn 1k miles in one afternoon (I'll leave Paris at noon and be back a 8pm)...

But I don't know if there's something else better? or if you got some better ideas?

Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2016, 6:34 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
hi guys!

I'm very close to it...

I've been thinking of doing a very short trip to Zagreb on Croatia Airlines this Tuesday, to earn 1k miles in one afternoon (I'll leave Paris at noon and be back a 8pm)...

But I don't know if there's something else better? or if you got some better ideas?

Thanks
1. You're missing 560 miles assuming you need 50K.
2. Make sure that the booking class is such that you'll get the miles you expect.
3. Consider taking something via BRU. The leg CDG-BRU tends to reduce the price out of BRU.
4. Consider A3, it is in *A and has some nice flights (and are usually cheap).
5. Consider SK, it is in *A and thy have many flights (and sometimes very cheap/get a lot of miles in "business" for decent price).
Old Nov 27, 2016, 7:09 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
hi guys!

I'm very close to it...

Thanks
I hadn't realised 'Flying Returns' was the name of Air India's FFP. I had assumed the OP was talking about return flights on AI.

Since it looks like mileage earning is purely based on the actual distance flown rather than a minimum number of miles for shorthaul European flights, a return flight to anywhere that is 280 miles away (at 100% of distance) or 560 miles (at 50% of distance) from CDG should be fine to reach 50K miles assuming the OP currently has 49,440 miles.

Croatia Airlines is often good for mileage runs but you can also fly Austrian to VIE and back for a little less (and fewer miles).

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 28, 2016 at 7:09 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 28, 2016, 2:14 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
hi guys!

I'm very close to it...

Thanks

The trip to Zagreb is a good idea! I would satay for a night since the Christmas market in Zagreb is the best one in Europe!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
The trip to Zagreb is a good idea! I would satay for a night since the Christmas market in Zagreb is the best one in Europe!
i agree....this would probably be the best & cheapest option....
Old Nov 30, 2016, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Hi!!

I've been to Vienna yesterday, it was a shorter flight (I stood in Vienna's airport for 35 minutes) ...
I'm waiting now my miles' statements ...
According to the miles and more calculator of LH I should get something like 1500 miles, way enough to have my status

let's see

thank you all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.