Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Mumbai Airport Runway Construction...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold

Hi there,

I received this..
----------------------
Mumbai, Oct 18: Passengers flying in and out of the nation's financial capital should brace for long delays from Tuesday till the end of November as the only runway of the nation's second busiest airport will be shut for five hours for repair work.

Operations will be partly hit between October 18 and 31 for four hours between 1200 hrs and 1600 hrs for seven days on alternate days, as the main runway (Runway No 09-27) will be closed for surface repair.

But operations will be completely shut for five hours from 1200 hrs to 1700 hrs in the second phase beginning October 31 through November 28 as both the main and the secondary runways will be closed, the official said, adding this is needed as the repair work involves inter-section work.

In total between October 31 and November 28, both the runways will be closed for five hours on Mondays and Thursdays, while in the first phase the main runway will be closed for four hours on seven days, the official said.

To avert delays and inconvenience to passengers, most of the airlines have started alternative plan of action.
-------------

What are the chances that my Jet airways flight to Delhi @ 02:50 AM
on 24th will leave on time ? I have a connection to KTM from DEL
with 2 hr layover...

What alternate arrangement can I proactively make ? Thanks in
advance for your suggestions.

F.A.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyalways
What are the chances that my Jet airways flight to Delhi @ 02:50 AM on 24th will leave on time ? I have a connection to KTM from DEL with 2 hr layover...
i doubt you would face any delays at that time....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.