Search

EX: SFO Business Class fares on AI

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
EX: SFO Business Class fares on AI

Hello.

It appears that AI offers their best J fares through travel agents.

Does anyone know of a good travel agent in N Calif (pref).

I am looking to book 2 J tickets to CCU from SFO for next summer.

Do they ever have companion fares ex: USA like they do ex: India ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
It appears that AI offers their best J fares through travel agents.
why would you say that????i've never had a ta offer me a lower fare on ai than what i have found on ai's own website....

Do they ever have companion fares ex: USA like they do ex: India ?
they do offer companion fares but keep in mind that you have to pay full fare for the first ticket & the taxes amount on the companion ticket....this rarely turns out to be cheaper than buying 2 discounted business class tickets....

http://www.airindia.in/companion-free-scheme.htm
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by Keyser
why would you say that????i've never had a ta offer me a lower fare on ai than what i have found on ai's own website....

they do offer companion fares but keep in mind that you have to pay full fare for the first ticket & the taxes amount on the companion ticket....this rarely turns out to be cheaper than buying 2 discounted business class tickets....

http://www.airindia.in/companion-free-scheme.htm
1. I have been able to find a lower fare through a TA in Kolkata before than what is quoted on the website.

2. Companion fares are not available ex: USA per their website (only ex: India) and just confirmed by me on the phone with AI about a day ago. For the record, the companion fares do save some money - obviously not a 50% savings fro the lowest fare, but I have seen about 15-20% still.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
1. I have been able to find a lower fare through a TA in Kolkata before than what is quoted on the website.
good to know....i've never come across such a situation before....

2. For the record, the companion fares do save some money - obviously not a 50% savings fro the lowest fare, but I have seen about 15-20% still.
like i said before, this rarely leads to savings & even if they do then they are not worth it in my opinion since its a pain in the a$$ to book these fares & the companion fare earns no miles....

the only time they make sense is when there are only full fare rates available....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.