Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways - Name on Ticket Different than my Passport

Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

I recently booked a return ticket from Mumbai to Dubai on Cleartrip. While Booking the ticket, Cleartrip didnt let me proceed without putting my last name(surname), hence i added my first and last name and booked the ticket. I later realised that my passport doesnt have my Last name on it.

When i called the customer service deptt of Jet Airways, I was told that this will be a problem and i will need to cancel and re-book the ticket, which would cost me INR 21K for 3 members. (similar issue with another 2 passengers).

Is there a way this hefty penalty can be avoided and Jet Airways can help us by removing the last name from our ticket ?
Old Sep 9, 2016, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
ask them to add a note in the reservation....they can do that....

for the long term, i suggest getting your full name put on your passport....this will help you avoid such problems in the future....
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:56 am

Programs: JetPrivilege
Originally Posted by Rajpal1981
I recently booked a return ticket from Mumbai to Dubai on Cleartrip. While Booking the ticket, Cleartrip didnt let me proceed without putting my last name(surname), hence i added my first and last name and booked the ticket. I later realised that my passport doesnt have my Last name on it.

When i called the customer service deptt of Jet Airways, I was told that this will be a problem and i will need to cancel and re-book the ticket, which would cost me INR 21K for 3 members. (similar issue with another 2 passengers).

Is there a way this hefty penalty can be avoided and Jet Airways can help us by removing the last name from our ticket ?
They also have an option to "correct" name for INR 1000 / pax.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nihit157
They also have an option to "correct" name for INR 1000 / pax.
I am not sure if this will qualify for name correction or not. To me name correction would be like a typo.

The OPs case sounds like they need to delete the last name.

This is link to Jet's name correction page:
https://https.jetairways.com/en/in/p...orrection.aspx

It clearly says:
Misspelt your name while booking?
Now conveniently correct the misspell on our website or mobile site.

Anyway, I hope I am wrong and they can get the name corrected.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
ask them to add a note in the reservation....they can do that....

for the long term, i suggest getting your full name put on your passport....this will help you avoid such problems in the future....
I am not sure but I think if they don't fix the name the automated process of putting 'OK to fly' on the itinerary after visa issuance may fail.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:32 am

Just call Cleartrip and they will be able to do it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.